• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NOT a Dylan thread…

Skers4life

32 Belly Option on 2
15 Year Member
So, I got to thinking today as I was watching some video clips of Prime coaching the guys for the start of their Spring football at CU.

How bad of a loss would it be for NU if the Buff's beat us and give HCMR a loss to the Buff's in his first season? Now, I will quantify this by saying I grew up in Nebraska, moved to Denver at 16 and finished high school and then college in Colorado before moving back to Nebraska in 1993. My hatred for all things Buff's is legendary in my friend group and family.

Iowa has recently almost reached the levels of hate I have for CU, but not quite there yet. I think a loss to the Buff's leaves a bad taste in the mouths of the fans, the state and hampers the much needed progress we all want to see. I also get the "CU isn't a conference game" angle and agree that it would NOT derail our goals of a bowl game or season goals as we know we won't be in the CFP's next year anyway.

What say you?

So, I got to thinking today as I was watching some video clips of Prime coaching the guys for the start of their Spring football at CU.

How bad of a loss would it be for NU if the Buff's beat us and give HCMR a loss to the Buff's in his first season? Now, I will quantify this by saying I grew up in Nebraska, moved to Denver at 16 and finished high school and then college in Colorado before moving back to Nebraska in 1993. My hatred for all things Buff's is legendary in my friend group and family.

Iowa has recently almost reached the levels of hate I have for CU, but not quite there yet. I think a loss to the Buff's leaves a bad taste in the mouths of the fans, the state and hampers the much needed progress we all want to see. I also get the "CU isn't a conference game" angle and agree that it would NOT derail our goals of a bowl game or season goals as we know we won't be in the CFP's next year anyway.

What say you?
If the entire CU football team was disbanded tomorrow my only issue would be it didn't happen sooner. I would rather lose to Iowa than CU.

I see the Buffs turning into Season 4 of Last Chance U. If you haven't watched it, you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Ok so i know my site name is Optimust, but really i think a road game at Colorado, altitude thing, their talent infusion and our two losses in a row to them history makes this game at best a tossup in my mind.

Live in Denver, not a Buffs fan, but even more not a fan of a single early game causing fan unrest type of thought. Sure, win would be great and loss a sour taste, but a season is a long time, a rebuilding project longer and I realize Rhule’s pattern has been to not have great first seasons. Hoping this time Rhule leads to immediate winning, but not getting hopes too high for second game. I do like our talent and am hoping for a winning season and bowl in 2023.

Last edited:
I would assume that if MR loses to the Buffs, it would be the single greatest loss in Husker history and we should begin discussions about how much his buyout is. Any coach that can’t take a perpetual 3-4 win team and turn it around after game one, probably doesn’t have what it takes. :Sarcasm:

If we could win just one game it would these teams in this order:

1. Wisconsin (badger state native)
2. Iowa (too many Sqwuakeye relatives).
3. Colorado
4. Minnesota

I want to beat CU, and Deion being there makes it much more desirable to do so, but not as much as I want to beat these other teams.

How bad of a loss would it be for NU if the Buff's beat us and give HCMR a loss to the Buff's in his first season?
2018 ..... sCUm beat Huskers, 33 to 28 :Bananalazy:..... first Scott Frost season. Please no repeat for the first MR season !!
yaHnRzn.png

Oh, beat Rodents !!

https://schersdd.tripod.com/sig2023.html

Last edited:

First, thanks skers4life for a non Dylan thread.

I live in Boulder. I really don't want to lose just for the annoying BS I would have to put up with if we do.

But I don't think it would matter to the long term success of Rhules rebuild here at all.

We have been through so much pain in our program for so long now there seems to be a lot of hope for immediate relief of some kind. That's understandable, but it's not likely to be that way.

Trev said it when he set out his criteria for his coaching search. He wanted a grinder who knows how to continuously improve the team over time. That's the real way this program will be rebuilt.

I would love to beat CU, but at the same time I won't give a flip if we lose. This may all take some time.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back