• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern still seeking home venue

To your second point do you actually know the seats will be larger or is that a guess?

I wasn't able to find their exact width, but I did find that part of the renovation includes the installation of chair backs for every seat for the first time. At least each seat will have a uniform width.The renovation will also include a dedicated student section, which apparently wasn't the case before.

The canopy is designed to keep noise and light inside the stadium and reduce the impact on the surrounding neighborhood. Put the students in the same section, engineer Ryan Field so most of the noise doesn't quickly dissipate, keep the capacity small enough it's harder for opposing fans to get tickets, and you're hopefully going to improve your home field advantage.

Northwestern's just a much different school than Nebraska. It's suburban Chicago, and Chicago's not a college town. Unless NW goes undefeated, wins the Big Ten and makes the NC game, they're still going to attract less interest than the Bears. Depending on how good the Bears are that year, NW might still get overshadowed even in a year in which they accomplished those goals. (Unlike USC, it's not like NW has a history of being that competitive too.) It doesn't make sense for them to design a stadium that assumes they're going to attract 50K+ Wildcat fans.

I wasn't able to find their exact width, but I did find that part of the renovation includes the installation of chair backs for every seat for the first time. At least each seat will have a uniform width.The renovation will also include a dedicated student section, which apparently wasn't the case before.

The canopy is designed to keep noise and light inside the stadium and reduce the impact on the surrounding neighborhood. Put the students in the same section, engineer Ryan Field so most of the noise doesn't quickly dissipate, keep the capacity small enough it's harder for opposing fans to get tickets, and you're hopefully going to improve your home field advantage.

Northwestern's just a much different school than Nebraska. It's suburban Chicago, and Chicago's not a college town. Unless NW goes undefeated, wins the Big Ten and makes the NC game, they're still going to attract less interest than the Bears. Depending on how good the Bears are that year, NW might still get overshadowed even in a year in which they accomplished those goals. (Unlike USC, it's not like NW has a history of being that competitive too.) It doesn't make sense for them to design a stadium that assumes they're going to attract 50K+ Wildcat fans.
Said all I have to say. Thank you for the respectful point counter point discussion.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...-to-play-northwestern-at-wrigley-field-nov-16
Northwestern officially announced the Buckeyes and Wildcats will square off at Wrigley Field, home to the MLB's Chicago Cubs, for their regular-season matchup in 2024 on Wednesday.

Wrigley Field will also host Northwestern’s final game of the regular season against Illinois on Nov. 30, while it will play its other five home games – including Big Ten games against Maryland, Indiana and Wisconsin – at its practice facility.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back