• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Noah Fant

That may be 100% true, but the 'Huskers never gave him any real love... and that is hardly a one-off... and that is why people are so rankled. He made the correct decision, and that hurts, too. I remember the first Iowa Nebraska game in my lifetime, and the Iowa fans were wringing their hands that they couldn't land Roger Craig and Jamie Williams, not to mention several others on the 'Husker Roster.

When a good Nebraska kid chooses to go somewhere else to play football that doesn't bother me. When Nebraska fails to do a good job of recruiting him I have a problem with that. Nebraska dropped the ball on Fant. As well as Byzata and Ott. They undervalued them and Iowa didn't. They thought they could do better. I hope and think this changes under Frost.

When players used to leave the state to play such as Station or Junior Bryant, it wasn't from a lack of recruitment, it was because they chose to go elsewhere.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back