• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Noah Fant his announce his school this Friday (28 Aug) at 8AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone think NU didn't show adequate love or vice versa? Maybe for him, Iowa felt like the right choice. I'm always amazed if someone picks a school other than NU, they either don't have all the facts, don't take football seriously enough or NU really didn't want them anyway.

I think NU needs to keep the in-state athletes who are D-1 talents. If NU pulled back and didn't show "equal love", or was somehow ticked off that Fant didn't reciprocate said "love", then it is a loss. Sure, they might fill the spot with a better player, but they may also fill it with one not as good.

That's why I started my comment with "to each his own".

There was nothing wrong with your post. The internet sheriffs just like to get on their soapbox on occasion. It's a Husker fan site. You're allowed to react as a fan here. It's not like you tweeted crap at Fant.

I have no issue with his decision and his rationale. Seems the kid made a decision based on what he felt was best for him. He could do alot worse in life than a free education at the University of Iowa.

I have no issue with his decision and his rationale. Seems the kid made a decision based on what he felt was best for him. He could do alot worse in life than a free education at the University of Iowa.

No doubt. Good on him for making the best decision for him. I still hope Iowa loses every game they play while he's there.

You weren't the only one saying something and I didn't mean to imply that I was singling you out. Thus I started my post with "why does everyone", although yes, I know it doesn't apply to EVERYONE. I should have started with "why do so many".

I just see so many "meh, so what, don't care" posts when someone doesn't choose NU, but it's all "he's awesome, so talented" when then do. Should Fant select NU in December, he will have finally "seen the light".

Yup I agree and have said so thought-out this thread.

Best of luck to him except when he plays Nebraska.

Oh and an FYI my Grandfather got his MD from Iowa.

Kid wants to play TE, can't blame him for his decision. Still, it's tough to see a highly-touted in-state prospect go someplace else.

First of all, we will make Iowa pay for the wall.

2nd, Ferentz is definitely on the hot seat with his record and overpriced salary. He's a boring Bo Pelini who gets paid 20% more and loses 15% more. He doesn't really innovate. Really stuck in a rut of mediocrity that made Bo's run look better. But, Ferentz isn't going to get himself fired for conduct. His contract is very expensive $4m+, and it is guaranteed for something like 7 years. That makes it really hard to buy him out. Plus, he keeps getting extensions and mild pay raises. You have to quit doing that so that you can whittle down his contract until it is "manageable", but when that starts, recruits sniff blood in the water and you doom your program to a downward spiral with a "lack of admin support". Unfortunately, IOWA is going to have bite a very big bullet and stay with status quo.

Fant wants to play tight end and go to the NFL as a tight end. NU has not shown a track record for doing that in recent years. Iowa has. NU wanted him as a DE, but was grudgingly looking at TE as well. But NU has a new staff. So, Fant reserved a place in line with an option that he will be happy with. But, I think he wants to see NU proove that they are really going to use the TE more and then he will reevaluate when he has proof. He also appears to like ASU, and is open to better offers should they come. So, if NU has a productive season at TE, he may reconsider NU, otherwise he is gone with his prior reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back