• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Noah Fant his announce his school this Friday (28 Aug) at 8AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constantly at the top of the party school lists. It doesn't matter how good their med school is if you flunk out of undergrad. :)

Awesome town to go to college in. Especially if my priorities were something other than academics or football.

Meh.

Best of luck in your future endeavors, Mr Fant.

Iowa's med school is supposedly better than Nebraska's, but after Harvard, John Hopkins, Stanford, I think you are splitting hairs.

I don't know the whole situation but to me this seems/feels like the following. He was enamored with all the attention, got caught up in the hype but really only had committable offers from a few places. Nebraska drifted away from him as he didn't seem to reciprocate, when he realized he only had committable offers from a few, it was too late. Iowa is now a place-holder, I think NE coaches didn't want that to be the story for them. Good luck to him.

Is Iowa a better PreMed option than NU, Cal, & UCLA? Were the latter two even seriously interested in Fant?

This is the great fallacy of Rivals, Scout, ESPN, etc. I have several ex-teammates in coaching, and all of them have stories about some kid who they don't even know claiming that an offer was extended by their college. They can't comment (or don't care to), so these offers stand on the lists. That's why offer lists, among many other things related to recruiting coverage, are a complete joke.

Yes, I think Cal and UCLA offers were real. If they weren't, and it was the scenario CM was explaining (which does happen), they would not have hosted him on unofficial visits. They would have seen he was lying about an offer and said, "no, you may not see our facilities and take pictures in our jerseys."

They were real offers. His family wants to be able to see him play. At Iowa they can do that. We'll see if he ends up signing with Iowa, but at this point I understand why he chose them.

amazingly Fant now is Iowa's best recruit probably as of now. They have good academics and definitely put OL guys into NFL so it seems like a decent choice for him. I doubt that winning games and possible coaching changes there after another below avg yr (if they have one this yr) affects his decision. I don't think his heart is really into football to be honest. Iowa isn't going to contend for any championships, so he's going for the education IMO. Though I don't think Nebraska is much different academically for undergraduate study. Goody luck to him. I'm glad it's not too big of a loss for the Huskers.

I that case......he picked the PERFECT school!

Interesting scenario, lullaby. Completely plausible--at least from NU perspective.

Blackshirts, fair points. I have no idea why you pick Iowa over NU, though, if you've eliminated west coast schools.

I am more disappointed by the fierce negative reaction than his current commitment decision. I agree that it is odd for him to say that he will reconsider once the season is complete. However to say things like a few have is disappointing as a fellow Husker fan. We need to maintain some perspective that this is a big decision and not a black/white one for any kid, let alone an in - state kid.

I didn't see any issue with him announcing on an Omaha station, especially since that is his hometown. And to the poster that critiqued Noah ' s delivery on the radio - maybe you should try it....it's not as easy as you think and not all smart kids are well - spoken in public.

He was going to announce on 1620 from the very start, regardless of where he was going, because Benning is a family friend. Announcing Iowa now is thus not any sort of slap in the face to Nebraska, it's just the culmination of what he'd promised much earlier than this.

I guess to each his own, but I can't imagine why anyone would pick Iowa over Nebraska unless to avoid competiton.

EDIT: Statement assumes both schools showed him "equal love". I'm thinking Nebraska didn't.

Last edited:
IOWA..... SERIOUSLY?

I think Noah got caught up in his 10 minutes of fame and had to lock in a "reserve", what do you want to bet that he's hoping we continue to pursue him as our season moves along?

Personally, I say let the boy go and live with his decisions. It's an honor to represent the Huskers and local kids should know this above all others, no need for sucking up for the sake of his ego.

We'll be fine.... as will he, albiet a lifetime of trying to explain how the heck he ended up in Iowa:eek:

GBR :ironh: bet Iowa doesn't have really cool custom imoji's. :cool:

IOWA..... SERIOUSLY?

GBR :ironh: bet Iowa doesn't have really cool custom imoji's. :cool:

Their emoji only pops up around Thanksgiving and can be located directly next to the yams, stuffing, and cranberry sauce.

I am more disappointed by the fierce negative reaction than his current commitment decision. I agree that it is odd for him to say that he will reconsider once the season is complete. However to say things like a few have is disappointing as a fellow Husker fan. We need to maintain some perspective that this is a big decision and not a black/white one for any kid, let alone an in - state kid.

I didn't see any issue with him announcing on an Omaha station, especially since that is his hometown. And to the poster that critiqued Noah ' s delivery on the radio - maybe you should try it....it's not as easy as you think and not all smart kids are well - spoken in public.

Agree with you on all counts.

Hopefully he made the right choice for him. Love to see the local kids stay, but certainly respect his decision. I like to see the local kids do well regardless of where they go. I wish him success on and off the field.

I guess to each his own, but I can't imagine why anyone would pick Iowa over Nebraska unless to avoid competiton.

EDIT: Statement assumes both schools showed him "equal love". I'm thinking Nebraska didn't.

Why does everyone think NU didn't show adequate love or vice versa? Maybe for him, Iowa felt like the right choice. I'm always amazed if someone picks a school other than NU, they either don't have all the facts, don't take football seriously enough or NU really didn't want them anyway.

I think NU needs to keep the in-state athletes who are D-1 talents. If NU pulled back and didn't show "equal love", or was somehow ticked off that Fant didn't reciprocate said "love", then it is a loss. Sure, they might fill the spot with a better player, but they may also fill it with one not as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back