• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No surprise Fields eligible to play at Ohio State

As I understand it while Fields was warming up for a game a Georgia baseball player in the stands called him the N-word. If true, I've wondered what happened to the baseball player?
What I read was that it was during the Tennessee game, when Fromm was struggling at QB and the baseball player yelled, "put that _____ in". Then the initial outrage was because "no white person should say that. Ever."

If that's grounds for a transfer with immediate playing time, then no one should have to sit out.

And the baseball player was kicked off the team.

Last edited:
Screw that. If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best. I want us to beat Bucky when they are frickin #1, and I hope that everyone can get back to that attitude soon.

We used to look forward to playing the top dogs, now we hope that the top dogs in our conference get into a slump so we can take advantage.

I hope we (Big 10) take as much talent away from the SEC as possible.

I would settle for OSU being #2. And they could be the underdogs, too.;)

Last edited:
They should just make it immediate eligibility because it’s kind of a farce at this point. We really needed Vedral last year!

What I read was that it was during the Tennessee game, when Fromm was struggling at QB and the baseball player yelled, "put that _____ in". Then the initial outrage was because "no white person should say that. Ever."

If that's grounds for a transfer with immediate playing time, then no one should have to sit out.

And the baseball player was kicked off the team.
I think that it was very appropriate for the baseball player to get kicked off the team, but it seems then like that situation had already been addressed, doesn't it? If there is anybody who genuinely believes that this is why he transferred, and that he grew up nearby in Georgia but legitimately doesn't feel comfortable(?) at UGA, please, walk me through what I'm missing.

Allow me to go down another dark path, also. If this legitimately bothered him that much, do you think that other teams' fans might possibly latch onto that as a way to make him feel less "comfortable" when his team comes to their stadium to play? I'm NOT saying that that should happen, but it will happen. What then?

I think that it was very appropriate for the baseball player to get kicked off the team, but it seems then like that situation had already been addressed, doesn't it? If there is anybody who genuinely believes that this is why he transferred, and that he grew up nearby in Georgia but legitimately doesn't feel comfortable(?) at UGA, please, walk me through what I'm missing.

Allow me to go down another dark path, also. If this legitimately bothered him that much, do you think that other teams' fans might possibly latch onto that as a way to make him feel less "comfortable" when his team comes to their stadium to play? I'm NOT saying that that should happen, but it will happen. What then?
Agree 100%. BTW, I live just south of Atlanta and was listening to some local radio sports guys talking about it this week (of both dark and light skin color, if that matters). All agreed that the reason for immediate eligibility is pretty weak.

Last edited:

This is my stance as well. Glad the baseball player was kicked off the team. I definitely don’t condone his actions, but it seems like the situation was handled. There are idiots like this no matter where you go. Just seems blatantly obvious he transferred because he was beat out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back