• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked No apology needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, people thought he would be fired for 3 blowout losses at home this season; you did watch the games, right? Not sure if you're one of those stat guys or not, but since everyone wants to equate BO to TO, how many times did TO get blown out at home in 25 years?

BDZ... I really wish you would stop calling them blowouts... Blowouts are when a team completely dominates another team from start to finish... we had the ball with a chance to tie up Iowa in the 4th Q (and pissed it down our legs). If we do not turn the ball over 5 times against Sparty, we probably beat them... they did not dominate us, we did it to ourselves.

The UCLA game is probably the only real "blow out" and I will even debate you on that another day...

What is being a Husker fan all about?

"More Than Whining"

As I'm sure you already know, the title is "More Than Winning" and it is a major reason why there is concern about our head coach right now. The performance on the field (read: winning, or not) is part of the issue, certainly. The antics that have led to lack of respect for the coach and program is a greater component. The man who wrote that book understood how important respect is, it showed in his personal demeanor, and it won respect for the program inside and outside of Husker Nation.

You should have directed your comment to the OP who started this thread, who shares your opinion that everything that Bo does is okey dokey.

I just don't "get" the people who lack the capability to move on. It's over folks. Nothing to see here. Everybody relax.

BDZ... I really wish you would stop calling them blowouts... Blowouts are when a team completely dominates another team from start to finish... we had the ball with a chance to tie up Iowa in the 4th Q (and pissed it down our legs). If we do not turn the ball over 5 times against Sparty, we probably beat them... they did not dominate us, we did it to ourselves.

The UCLA game is probably the only real "blow out" and I will even debate you on that another day...

Wow, so this is what we've been reduced to? They lost to UCLA by 20 after giving up 38 unanswered points. They would have lost by 20 to Sparty if they don't score a meaningless TD with 10 seconds left. They lost by 21 to an Iowa team that spells the word great as G R A T E. Sure, they might have beaten MSU without the 5 turnovers, but the reality of the situation is they did turn it over 5 times; that's what bad teams do. Yeah, they woulda, shoulda, coulda tied Iowa but they dribbled down their legs; that's what poorly coached teams do. Out of the three teams UCLA is the only one that could be confused with a good offense.

Ten years from now when people look at those scores they will assume NU was blown out...at home.

You will have to do better than that.

Seriously, how many times do you have to be told that believing that firing Pelini was a bad idea isn't the same as believing "that everything that Bo does is okey dokey?" I might not be better than that, but you certainly are.

Look, I get where RedEd and many others are coming from. I get the angle. It's not something anyone likes to see routinely. As weak as I thought the hat attack was and as awesome the quotes in the presser was, his behavior was improving since the TM sideline show. By the way I also didn't think that incident was worthy of the Dr Phil ESPN segment it warranted either.

I don't plan to change someone's opinion. I've said as much. If you are deeply rooted to the University and that embarrassed you, I'm sorry. If the players on the field still love to play for the guy, never quit, and continue to leave out better men than they came in, well, something is skewed. Id suck up my own pride and brush off my hurt feelings for the players that are there now who absolutely love the guy. He's either not the monster some have claimed, has been diagnosed with split personality, or a genius with a combination of both.

I an passionate about my opinions and sometimes go overboard when expressing them (usually a failed attempt at humor). This subject is viewed quite differently by people in my situation that know more of Bo away from the 3-4 outbursts and disinterested interviews. Don't like his teams play on the field? I'm fine with that and can actually discuss it unbiasedly. But judging a persons character without knowing him or what he's going through is way more childish than anything I've seen Bo do during a football game or presser.

There's no right or wrong in this, I was just raised that way.

This thread is about Bo's behavior. Pay attention to context. It is your friend.

Seriously, how many times do you have to be told that believing that firing Pelini was a bad idea isn't the same as believing "that everything that Bo does is okey dokey?" I might not be better than that, but you certainly are.

This thread is about Bo's behavior. Pay attention to context. It is your friend.

Are you suggesting that those who favored retaining Pelini believe "that everything that Bo does is okey dokey?" Help me understand the point you are trying to make.

Are you suggesting that those who favored retaining Pelini believe "that everything that Bo does is okey dokey?" Help me understand the point you are trying to make.

whats to understand?

Unknown.jpeg

You should have directed your comment to the OP who started this thread, who shares your opinion that everything that Bo does is okey dokey.

Im the OP and this discussion I started isn't about "everything" that Bo does, is it? I started this after reading quite a few threads on how embarrassing it was and the same group of fans felt like leaving the same message in the same ways on all of them. Instead of leaving mine on all of then, I created my own thread, not to change anybody's perspective, but to offer my own that was completely different. Do you lump everyone with similar views together and brand them all? I've left opinions on his product on the field that weren't "okey dokey" in the past. So the above quote is an uneducated, blatant lie that you wrote as fact in a public forum accessible by millions. If I was Bo I'd tell fans like you that judge incoherently where they can stick it too...Basically, this exchange between us has been a microcosm of what Bo has to go through! Only it's multiplied by a million of "blue howls"...

I think Bo needs a raise!

...Bet nobody saw that coming...

It just amazes me at the disconnect fans have now with what todays athletes respond to. As a parent how does screaming and yelling at your child work ? positive results ? The sports landscape is riddled recently with coaches being let go because of uncontrollable anger and yet we have many that find this an admirable trait.

There is a reason we are undisciplined, penalty ridden and get few calls in our favor, or get the benefit of the doubt on calls.

I think an apology was absolutely needed. When you are making that kind of money, representing a university and a state, you dont act like that. You just dont. I like his fieryness, I always have, but theres a line, and he crossed it. No matter how dumb the questions are, and it was a dumb one, you answer it without sounding like an ass. If you agree with that or not, the higher ups and/or Bo thought it was needed, and that really says it all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back