• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL playoffs thread

It's not just NFL refs, it's former NFL refs too.

There's not a conspiracy against the Cowboys. Last week should have been enough to prove that.

I don't think it is cheating or anything like that. Rather those reviews were being done in New York. The people making the judgment call have the pressure of last weeks calls in their minds. Two huge reviews and they both go the Packers way. Review #1. The ball clearly hit the ground. Review #2. Player was arguably making a football move, thus not indisputable visual evidence. Still overturned.

Except...it was the right call.

I don't think you understand the argument... it clearly states: "If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass..." The debate is whether or not he was in the act of catching the pass when he hit the ground.

I'm still yet to see an explanation of how it was indisputable that the was absolutely not making a football move by lunging forward after placing the ball in one hand after catching it with both, while taking three steps. There isn't enough video evidence to prove that he didn't have control of the ball until he hit the ground, and since the call was originally the other way, it should've stood as called rather than be confirmed or reversed due to a lack of evidence. I don't care what the head of NFL refereeing says, the refs have screwed up so much lately, how bad do you think it would look if they messed up another call in back-to-back weeks and admitted it?

"he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete."

Luck has a very bright future in the NFL, he is a talented QB.

I find this interesting, Tim Tebow has one playoff win with Denver and Manning only has two. The Bronco's spent a lot more money on bringing Manning to Denver, they should have just kept Tebow.:Biggrin:

In all seriousness, I hope John Elway has been planning for the future for a QB after Manning is done.

Manning got old overnight in the middle of the season. His accuracy is gone which has REALLY affected his decision making. The 3rd and 5 where he had 30 yards to run and he throws into double coverage is a prime example. Not to mention the continued deep fades that he missed. Honestly, it felt like Beck was out there calling the plays.

Not sure what the future holds at the QB position for Denver. I don't think Os is the answer, a lot of fans think Dysert might be the guy but I really doubt that. If I'm Elway I draft another QB in the 1st or second round this year and have some spirited competition. Even if Manning comes back.

As for Manning, the only question would be is how much of this was injury and how much was age? I don't even think Manning knows the answer.

While I am disappointed that Denver wasn't able to add a Superbowl with him I will say that it was a REALLY fun ride. It was a great way to improve for a couple of years, offer hope to the fanbase, and dump Tebow in about the only way they wouldn't be vilified for it.

Last edited:

I have no love or hate for the Broncos but I am enjoying the local sports radio this morning and listening to the hosts backtrack on everything that was said last week. There was as much discussion on who the Broncos would play in the AFC championship game as there was about Indy. The local guys take 'homer' to a new level.

I will also admit to laughing at the online Cowboy sites. Human nature is a crazy thing to observe.

True. The writing has been on the wall with the Broncos for the majority of the second half of the season. That's just a hard thing to admit though, especially after they were so dynamic on offense the prior year. Even with that, the only way I thought they could get to the SB was if NE lost Saturday, after that didn't happen I had little hope.

Fox out in Denver. So Nebraska isn't the only team that fires "winning" coaches.

You gotta love coaching. Fox's (no relation) job ultimately depended on an aging QB that was returning from a should have been career ending neck injury and was currently injured. No Super Bowl, No Job!!

I will be very surprised if Manning returns now.

Montana's level? 5 SB rings. That is your standard? Were you pissed when he didn't get a 6th?

Are you talking about Joe Mantegna? Because I'm talking about Joe Montana, you know the guy who went to four super bowls and won all 4? Won 3 MVP's in those 4 games? Won a college national championship?

In his four Super Bowls, Montana completed 83 of 122 passes for 1,142 yards and 11 touchdowns with no interceptions, earning him a passer rating of 127.8. Montana led his team to victory in each game, and is the only player ever to win three Super Bowl MVP awards. Montana also holds the record for most Super Bowl pass completions (83) and pass attempts (122) without throwing an interception.

Last edited:
uZgp7bH.jpg

You gotta love coaching. Fox's (no relation) job ultimately depended on an aging QB that was returning from a should have been career ending neck injury and was currently injured. No Super Bowl, No Job!!

I will be very surprised if Manning returns now.

That's assuming Manning was seeing eye to eye with Fox. Do you think he liked the conservative game planning, not going for a game winning field goal against baltimore type decisions??

Russell Wilson looking solid...3 INTs in first half. 1-8 passing. Seattle is lucky they aren't getting blown out. GB has a couple INTs of their own and settled for FGs a couple times. 16-0.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back