• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Combine Time for The Kid Stan

Stanley Morgan Jr., Nebraska: Nebraska is traditionally known to have a run-first offense, but its passing game evolved with Morgan at the center of it. With good hands and big-play ability, Morgan demanded defenses to have safety help over the top. The 6-1, 200-pound Cornhusker set the school record for most receiving yards in a single season (1,004) in 2018 and became Nebraska's all-time leader in receptions (189) and receiving yards (2,747). He's great on paper, but I'm really eager to see how broad his route tree is. How much work does he need there? Or is he polished?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ing-combine-ten-receivers-im-excited-to-watch

Stanley Morgan Jr., Nebraska: Nebraska is traditionally known to have a run-first offense, but its passing game evolved with Morgan at the center of it. With good hands and big-play ability, Morgan demanded defenses to have safety help over the top. The 6-1, 200-pound Cornhusker set the school record for most receiving yards in a single season (1,004) in 2018 and became Nebraska's all-time leader in receptions (189) and receiving yards (2,747). He's great on paper, but I'm really eager to see how broad his route tree is. How much work does he need there? Or is he polished?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ing-combine-ten-receivers-im-excited-to-watch

He seemed to take pride in his blocking so I think that bodes well for him. I think that translates to a solid work ethic.
If Quincy enunwa can carve out the career that he has I believe Morgan can strive for that same path

I'll be honest, I'm not sure how much I'm going to base my draft off of Steve Smith's analysis of a wideout. He was nails as a player, but I'm not comfortable with his player personnel chops just yet.

Edit: I think Morgan makes a team and has a productive career. He's an extremely hard worker, clutch player and I really want him to succeed.

Last edited:

Good speed, good length, great work ethic, selfless blocker. Seems to find holes in the defense.

Morgan grew as a person a TON while he was here. Early in his career I thought he was a prima donna, but he really turned it around.

I don't know what to think about his chances in the NFL. I wish him well, but the NFL is a strange beast.

Recent comparison to me is Michael Gallup who started slow but came on late for the Cowboys this year. Instinctive, sturdy, strong hands, fast enough (4.51 forty) with a high level of competitiveness. Gallup was a 3rd round pick, looks to be a long time steady contributor as a #2 or #3 receiving option. Can see Stanley being pretty similar, although probably not drafted quite as high.

Recent comparison to me is Michael Gallup who started slow but came on late for the Cowboys this year. Instinctive, sturdy, strong hands, fast enough (4.51 forty) with a high level of competitiveness. Gallup was a 3rd round pick, looks to be a long time steady contributor as a #2 or #3 receiving option. Can see Stanley being pretty similar, although probably not drafted quite as high.
The only reason Gallup is a #2 or #3 receiver is the Cowboys lack of depth at that position.

Cooper came in a gave them a legit #1 ... Cole Beasley was a solid #2 (who may have talked his way off the roster). They've got a another group of players including Gallup that round out their roster ... Tavon Austin, Allen Hurns, Terrance Williams. Gallup is younger than most of them but he's at best a #3 receiver!

The only reason Gallup is a #2 or #3 receiver is the Cowboys lack of depth at that position.

Cooper came in a gave them a legit #1 ... Cole Beasley was a solid #2 (who may have talked his way off the roster). They've got a another group of players including Gallup that round out their roster ... Tavon Austin, Allen Hurns, Terrance Williams. Gallup is younger than most of them but he's at best a #3 receiver!

A solid #3 or even #4 receiver on a decent team is a guy who'll draw a lot of checks in the NFL, especially if they are willing to be a good teammate and do the little things like blocking and special teams

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back