• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

News about Nick Gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sellout streak is probably the best example, especially given the Callahan/Riley years. The spring game attendance is another. Call up any of the bowl execs and ask which fanbase travels the best. Did you see the Peach Bowl crowd?

I can go on and on, but if you don't think we're the best fans in college football, it should be pretty simple for you to offer up a fanbase that's better. I'll wait, but I won't hold my breath.

I don't know if we are or not. I think we have a lot of really high class fans and the way we treat visiting teams and fans shows this. That seems unique to us. But you can sell out games forever and still have too many classless fans...and I'm aware there will always be some bad apples in the bunch.

Holding each other accountable helps us keep that best fans title too.

Easier said than done. Doesn't often happen.
Its a lot easier to go back and finish your degree later in life than it is to make an NFL roster. This might be his only shot at an NFL deal, if he believes it's in his best interest, I cant fault the guy.

His best hope at this point is that someone see's something in him and signs him to practice squad. He's a ways from NFL ready. Could have made good use of a year with Duval.

I'm always confused about when its OK to go after Husker players.

It’s pretty easy really. I’m writing guide.

Does the player want to leave the team for any reason? ATTACK!

Is the player making any positive comments regarding any of the previous staffs or former players who played for said coaching staffs? ATTACK!

Is the former or current player critical of the current staff (winning record)? ATTACK!

Is the former or current player critical of the current staff (losing record) PRAISE!

It’s a work in progress.

He was one player I was hoping would transition out one way or the other. I may be wrong, but I don't think he was a max effort guy

Last edited:

The sellout streak is probably the best example, especially given the Callahan/Riley years. The spring game attendance is another. Call up any of the bowl execs and ask which fanbase travels the best. Did you see the Peach Bowl crowd?

I can go on and on, but if you don't think we're the best fans in college football, it should be pretty simple for you to offer up a fanbase that's better. I'll wait, but I won't hold my breath.

From what I see and hear (In Georgia), I would put Georgia right up there. They supposedly outdid Okie fans at Rose Bowl by a huge number. Dawg fans travel well and definitely are way up there with Huskers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back