• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

News about Nick Gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in to self loathing. I'm also not into hyperbole. I never said we weren't hospitable. Many fan bases are. I just want the measurements used to determine that we are "the" greatest fans.

Ask Bobby Bowden as he was the first, that I know of, to call us 'the greatest fans'. I do think though that Pedey should have never put that on the stadium.

I assumed he was visiting to get an apology for having to witness his awful coaching. No?
It is generally conceded as a weak O-Tackle draft coming up ... having said that an athlete doesn't grade as a 3rd or 4th rounder just because there is a lack of quality at his position in the draft.

Contrary ... he (Gates) possesses all of the measurable the NFL wants in a potential NFL linemen. I suspect the NFL believes they can and will "coach-him-up" once he arrives to training camp. And if he tests well in the combine and recruiting visits ... he likely will be a decent round draft pick.

Gates is a quality lineman and Nebraska would've been fortunate to have him return if he had chosen that route. Much like Zach Sterup, Jeremy Sirles, Brent Qvale and Alex Lewis it seems these former Huskers have had a brighter NFL path than they did as collegiate players! To me this points to the absolute lack of coaching at the O-Line position since Callahan was fired.

Ask Bobby Bowden as he was the first, that I know of, to call us 'the greatest fans'. I do think though that Pedey should have never put that on the stadium.

Bowden wrote a letter stating that after they upset NU in '80 which propelled FSU as a program. He liked that NU fans applauded FSU when they came off the field. Very cool. I don't think we applauded NIU this year or any other team that has beat us over the past 20 years.

Last edited:

Bowden wrote a letter stating that after they upset NU in '80 which propelled FSU as a program. He liked that NU fans applauded FSU when they came off the field. Very cool. I don't think we applauded NIU this year or any other team that has beat us over the past 20 years.
Then you'd would be wrong. Every game that I've attended that ended in a loss resulted in the fans applauding that team as they left the field.

Edit. I haven't been to a game for about five years. But previous to that every winning team was applauded.

Last edited:

Much like Zach Sterup, Jeremy Sirles, Brent Qvale and Alex Lewis it seems these former Huskers have had a brighter NFL path than they did as collegiate players! To me this points to the absolute lack of coaching at the O-Line position since Callahan was fired.

Agreed and hopefully this finally changes with the new staff

Last edited:
I'm saying given what he was as a freshman, his size, and how he'll test for them, they would think they could do more with him. I'd hope an NFL guy would think that. Many felt the same about Zach Sterup. I didn't feel the need to talk about his previous coaches, you did.

Being drafted because of his size and his measurables rather than his play on the field is an indictment of his coaching and development.

I wouldn't expect an apology, but I could ask him how he possibly could have gotten less production from more talent.
So what were you planning to visit him for? To get throttled by a short, fat old line coach? Or were you trying to threaten him?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back