• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked New Walk-on Recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twelve String

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Nebraska’s football team was in need of one more walk-on wide receiver for its roster, which meant a kid deep Hawkeye country was in for a good surprise.

Iowa City (Iowa) Regina High School star Alex Balke announced Saturday on Twitter he was playing for NU. Until a surprise call from NU wide receivers coach Rich Fisher while Balke was in class, the 6-foot-3, 195-pounder had intended to compete in the decathlon at Iowa.

http://sports.omaha.com/2013/05/13/nebraska-adds-walk-on-wr/

Why would Iowa not let the kid try to walkon especially when he planned on going to that school anyway?

I like how the article says he was second-team all state for his class, and the hudl film says first team all state. Either way, it's nice to get a walk on receiver with his size.

I like how the article says he was second-team all state for his class, and the hudl film says first team all state. Either way, it's nice to get a walk on receiver with his size.

So size does matter. I knew it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back