• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Nebraska Walk Thru Room is Insane!!!

70d884c3-afea-4079-8aff-9c339aece807_text.gif

To the Why Question.
1. You get a recruit and his parents to look out at the practice field while the QBs practice throwing to the WRs. That keeps their attention for a minute.
2. Meanwhile, the videographer posts a picture of the recruit in the middle of the screen. On either side you have the recruits Highlights running on a loop.
3. On the bottom of the screen you scroll the message Welcome to the Good life (Insert Player name)
4. then you say "Oh hey what is this on the screen . The parents turn around and see their baby boy on the screen.

If you do not think that makes an impact with today's recruits and parents. You are not paying attention.

To the Why Question.
1. You get a recruit and his parents to look out at the practice field while the QBs practice throwing to the WRs. That keeps their attention for a minute.
2. Meanwhile, the videographer posts a picture of the recruit in the middle of the screen. On either side you have the recruits Highlights running on a loop.
3. On the bottom of the screen you scroll the message Welcome to the Good life (Insert Player name)
4. then you say "Oh hey what is this on the screen . The parents turn around and see their baby boy on the screen.

If you do not think that makes an impact with today's recruits and parents. You are not paying attention.

I seriously don't think anyone here is arguing the virtues of this room or the obvious usefulness for recruiting. However, some here might just be having a little fun with a glitzy "walk through" room. If you didn't catch on to that then you are not paying attention.

I seriously don't think anyone here is arguing the virtues of this room or the obvious usefulness for recruiting. However, some here might just be having a little fun with a glitzy "walk through" room. If you didn't catch on to that then you are not paying attention.
Than why post "why?"

Than why post "why?"

I think the question may be what other function does it serve? they call it a "walk through" room.... What is a walk through room? like a hallway? Surely it is more than that and more than just a gold-plated toilet seat to impress recruits, right? There must be more to it. We're having fun with this, Thom.... the folks in the Athletic Dept. there are pulling out all the stops ---with pixels and mega-cool hallways.... gotta get the attention of those recruits, mums and pops... and I think some folks here already figured out that winning might be the best gold-plating.

You were having fun - good job as usual, btw :) - but a few others ARE arguing it's usefulness. Not a big deal but it's worth pointing out the big picture.

It's as useful as a hood ornament on a car, maybe, but those exist too and for a reason. The price of this is a drop in the bucket of overall spending and its usefulness in recruiting is obvious.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back