• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked New divisions after expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big ten does not need viewing for revenue. The revenue is derived from adding the big ten network to basic cable packages in millions of homes, whether the households turn on their tv's or not.
That makes more sense than just adding those schools. So basically the B1G is picking up those schools to pay the bills and fill the coffers, not what they actually bring to the table sports wise.

The big ten does not need viewing for revenue. The revenue is derived from adding the big ten network to basic cable packages in millions of homes, whether the households turn on their tv's or not.
Oh, and BTW Cardinal, great win last night.

I've kinda gotten used to leaders and legends. Originally I thought East West would work. West would have 2 top tier teams in Nebraska & Michigan. NW & State could be considered 2nd tier. Iowa, Illinois & Minnesota would be considered bottom tier. In the East Ohio State & Penn State would be considered top tier. (With Penn States probation, not sure how long that would last.) Wisconsin could be top tier (as could Mich State & NW some years) Rutgers and Purdue could be the mid levels with Maryland & Indiana bringing up the rear. It seems somewhat balanced but I don't see the positives of bringing these two teams in.

West
Nebraska
Northwestern
Illinois
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Iowa

East
Ohio State
Maryland
Rutgers
Indiana
Penn State
Purdue
Wisconsin

Oh. Well that's a whole different ballgame. Bring 'em on in and let the money rain down on the B1G! One thing. Can we ban Maryland from wearing those godawful uniforms?

maryland-uniforms.jpg

Just because we dont play basketball doesnt mean the rest of the conference doesnt as well...Maryland from a hoops standpoint is a solid addition

Just my opinion, of course, but a conference reshuffle would be a nice chance to do away with the
annual NU/Penn St game, and schedule it just like any other Big 10 team.

It just seems kind of forced and phony to me. Rivalries should develop on the field, not in the conference PR department.

Just my opinion, of course, but a conference reshuffle would be a nice chance to do away with the
annual NU/Penn St game, and schedule it just like any other Big 10 team.

It just seems kind of forced and phony to me. Rivalries should develop on the field, not in the conference PR department.

Amen!

how about more divisions:

Legends - Nebraska, Michigan
Litigious - Ohio State, Penn State
Loco - Wisconsin, Iowa
Lacking - Rutgers, Maryland
Lucid - Northwestern, Minnesota
Leftovers from the state with the team we really wanted - Purdue, Indiana
Lost - Illinois, Michigan State

:p
Heheh... nicely played, coherb!

Status