• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Netflix: Bridgerton

Red Dead Redemption

Baba Yaga
10 Year Member
Never thought I'd be interested in fictional Victorian era elitist/snobbish crap like this, but the wife was flipping the channels yesterday for something, and landed on this for being the least unappealing. She liked it right away, and after walking through the room several times, it caught my attention by the end of the second episode. We ended up binge watching all 8 episodes in the series. It was quite entertaining and several funny moments. while mostly staying true to the era, it sprinkled in some modern/anachronistic situations and dialouge, as well as the soundtrack providing occasional modern pop music covered by a classical string quartet.

What happened to the Prince's necklace Daphne left on the patio before she goes into the garden to meet Simon?

Never thought I'd be interested in fictional Victorian era elitist/snobbish crap like this, but the wife was flipping the channels yesterday for something, and landed on this for being the least unappealing. She liked it right away, and after walking through the room several times, it caught my attention by the end of the second episode. We ended up binge watching all 8 episodes in the series. It was quite entertaining and several funny moments. while mostly staying true to the era, it sprinkled in some modern/anachronistic situations and dialouge, as well as the soundtrack providing occasional modern pop music covered by a classical string quartet.
Saw your post last night and flipped it on. Bailed after 5 minutes. If I skip ahead to the end of the second episode, will it cease to suck? LMKASAPTIABI

Saw your post last night and flipped it on. Bailed after 5 minutes. If I skip ahead to the end of the second episode, will it cease to suck? LMKASAPTIABI
Perhaps it was because I had been working all day, and was looking for ANY kind of diversion to keep from going back to work. :)

We just finished the season. Was great!

At least it did a fairly good job of following the books (all of which I have read and re-read a few zillion times, lol). The diversity of the cast was a bit jarring at times, as the descriptions of the characters in the books of course, do not always match up with the visual. After a while, though, I didn't really notice or mind the differences from the book to the screen versions. The only one that bugged me was Lady Danbury - if you read the books, she was not close enough in character to how she is portrayed in the books (or at least how I visualized her). Like any book that is converted to the screen, much has to be left out or condensed from other books in the series, so if you have read the books, it might be a bit frustrating to sort out what is going on but if you've never read the books you don't see the discrepancies much. My favorite Easter egg was the bee *spoiler alert!* - the Bridgerton father was killed by a bee sting and his sudden death is a driving force in how his children cope with various issues as adults - especially Anthony. Looking forward to seeing his story next season (if they follow the books in order, that is).

At least it did a fairly good job of following the books (all of which I have read and re-read a few zillion times, lol). The diversity of the cast was a bit jarring at times, as the descriptions of the characters in the books of course, do not always match up with the visual. After a while, though, I didn't really notice or mind the differences from the book to the screen versions. The only one that bugged me was Lady Danbury - if you read the books, she was not close enough in character to how she is portrayed in the books (or at least how I visualized her). Like any book that is converted to the screen, much has to be left out or condensed from other books in the series, so if you have read the books, it might be a bit frustrating to sort out what is going on but if you've never read the books you don't see the discrepancies much. My favorite Easter egg was the bee *spoiler alert!* - the Bridgerton father was killed by a bee sting and his sudden death is a driving force in how his children cope with various issues as adults - especially Anthony. Looking forward to seeing his story next season (if they follow the books in order, that is).
Ah...I remember seeing the bee, and assumed there was some significance for it...either foreshadowing, or something I missed earlier. But I never did understand the purpose.

Ah...I remember seeing the bee, and assumed there was some significance for it...either foreshadowing, or something I missed earlier. But I never did understand the purpose.
Yeah, definitely a foreshadowing of a sort; Anthony completely freaks when he is talking to a woman in a garden and a bee lands on her; hilarity sort of ensues as she can't figure what he is freaking out about - and trouble comes when his mother comes on the scene. If the next season holds true to the book, I can't wait to see it, lol.

"The steamiest scene in the period romp Bridgerton, Netflix’s most-watched series yet, was the first to be filmed. It shows oral sex — the woman receiving, still a rarity on TV — between a newlywed duke and duchess, the latter arched on a library stair. In the show the library is in the duke’s stately home — but the off-screen reality is, for once, even better."

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back