• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Need ideas, 10 people

NU_Alum

Husker Fan
5 Year Member
I'll cook about anything but really want to grill/smoke for the first game. 10ish people coming over. Just need a great ideas for a main dish, obviously meat centered!

I've done all the normal good stuff, ribs, brisket, etc... Give me some great ideas that are a bit different. Thanks in advance.

To take people by surprise in the summer i like to smoke a turkey. Why we all only think of turkey for Thanksgiving is beyond me. Lamb chops is also something few get very often. You could as do MOINK balls for appetizer

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 pound ground beef chuck, at least 20% fat
  • 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic, about 2 cloves (optional)
  • 1/2 lb bacon, halved
  • 1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue rub, divided
  • 1 small chunk of medium smoking wood, such as oak or hickory
  • 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
  • Type of fire: two-zone indirect
  • Grill heat: medium
Place ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, and garlic in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix together until thoroughly combined.

1. Roll out meat mixture into balls 1 inch in diameter. Wrap half a slice of bacon around each meatball and secure with a toothpick. Season meatballs generously with barbecue rub.

2. Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Place wood chunk directly on coals. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Place meatballs on cool side of grill, cover, and cook until cooked through and bacon has browned, about 20 minutes. Brush meatballs with barbecue sauce, cover grill, and continue to cook until sauce has set, about 5 minutes. Remove from grill, let rest for 5 minutes, then serve.

To take people by surprise in the summer i like to smoke a turkey. Why we all only think of turkey for Thanksgiving is beyond me. Lamb chops is also something few get very often. You could as do MOINK balls for appetizer

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 pound ground beef chuck, at least 20% fat
  • 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic, about 2 cloves (optional)
  • 1/2 lb bacon, halved
  • 1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue rub, divided
  • 1 small chunk of medium smoking wood, such as oak or hickory
  • 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
  • Type of fire: two-zone indirect
  • Grill heat: medium
Place ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, and garlic in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix together until thoroughly combined.

1. Roll out meat mixture into balls 1 inch in diameter. Wrap half a slice of bacon around each meatball and secure with a toothpick. Season meatballs generously with barbecue rub.

2. Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Place wood chunk directly on coals. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Place meatballs on cool side of grill, cover, and cook until cooked through and bacon has browned, about 20 minutes. Brush meatballs with barbecue sauce, cover grill, and continue to cook until sauce has set, about 5 minutes. Remove from grill, let rest for 5 minutes, then serve.
I do love smoked Turkey!

Thanks for the recipe, might use it for app's.

Bulgogi tacos topped with a spicy cabbage slaw. I made some a couple of weeks ago and holy crap, those things were delicious.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back