• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked "Nebraska's Nation-Leading Academic All-America Total Grows to 325"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
I'm posting this here because it may have the biggest impact in Recruiting.

Holy Moly! Something to be really proud about for DONU!
dancer.gif

Nebraska's Nation-Leading Academic All-America Total Grows to 325
JFEQAUTRDGMTTTI.20160420190006.JPG

Shavon Shields (pictured with Director of Athletics Shawn Eichorst) was a two-time first-team
CoSIDA Academic All-American and Nebraska's Male Student-Athlete of the Year in 2016.

University of Nebraska student-athletes produced another outstanding year in the classroom, the community and in competition to continue NU’s tradition of success in 2015-16. The Huskers increased their nation-leading total of all-time CoSIDA Academic All-Americans to 325 with five academic All-Americans across all sports.

Nebraska continued to be the only school in the nation with 300 CoSIDA Academic All-Americans, leading No. 2 Notre Dame (251) and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (251) by 74. Nebraska remains one of just four schools across all divisions with 200 or more Academic All-Americans, joining Notre Dame, MIT and Stanford (204). NU also extended its nation-leading streak to 45 consecutive years with at least one academic All-American.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=20&SPID=24&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211052494&DB_OEM_ID=100

Last edited:

I love this!! Makes me proud of dear old Nebraska U! Absolutely there is no place like Nebraska. What parent would not there kid to come here. I agree this is a valuable recruiting tool

He was one of those legacy guys you shouldn't take a risk on. Played guard just like his old man. Obviously he's proof that just 'cause your dad was good doesn't mean you will be any good. 4 years at guard and probably didn't get charged for a single pancake.

:Sarcasm:

He was one of those legacy guys you shouldn't take a risk on. Played guard just like his old man. Obviously he's proof that just 'cause your dad was good doesn't mean you will be any good. 4 years at guard and probably didn't get charged for a single pancake.

:Sarcasm:
Oh he had a few pancakes as well. Not sure they kept track of them however.

On a related note, how many of the AAAs have been in football?

Oh he had a few pancakes as well. Not sure they kept track of them however.

On a related note, how many of the AAAs have been in football?

It is why I picked the word "charged" in my post. subtle pancakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back