• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Wisconsin

http://www.omaha.com/article/20111226/BIGRED/712269880/1001#badger-buzz-saw-first-up-for-huskers

Some amazing numbers:

The Badgers, who play Tuesday night at Nebraska, are No. 1 in the country in fewest points allowed (44.7); No. 2 in field-goal defense (33.8 percent); and No. 3 in 3-point defense (23.7 percent).

Wisconsin (11-2) also leads the country in fewest turnovers committed (8.3), as it has each of the previous two years.

I think the turnover number is as amazing as the others. Just not a lot of room for error with these guys.

I am out of town and will watch he game, but won't be able to get on the board. Yes, it may get ugly with all of our injuries.

As long as it doesn't get as ugly as that WSU game to close last season. Now that was ugly!

With the way NU plays defense and the way Wisco plays offense...I wouldn't expect this game to get "ugly". Personally, I think if NU is going to beat one of the top teams in the Big 10 this is the team to do it against. Both really good defensive teams means it has a chance to be a very low scoring affair and if that's the case it won't be out of reach going into the last 5 minutes or so.

I doubt NU will get blown out (lose by 20+). Wisconsin doesn't score points at a quick enough rate to blow most teams out like that. I could see NU struggling, and only scoring something like 45 points, though. Had this game been later in the season, when Wisconsin might not be fully prepared, this would be a good bet for an upset, due to Wisconsin's type of offense. I can't see Wisconsin overlooking NU, in their first conference game though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back