• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Wisconsin Game Thread (10/29/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I haven't had time to go thru the thread, but did anyone bring up the mugging at the end? I thought Westerkamp was malled by 3. The ball was in the air, so why no penalty? If it was discussed, I'll try to find
it later. Busy day, and have to leave soon for a b'day party.

Hard to lose the game, being as we were so close.

And, to add what someone said,in words, Tommie just needs to learn to find shorter yardage, instead of being so greedy in OT, with no worry about the clock.

Last edited:

That tweet of Frazier, reminds me that I didn't know he still had eligibility, Twice this year announcers have called Tommy Armstrong "Tommie Frazier" pretty funny!:)

My family and I are praying for your daughter and your family, RR. I recently spent 20 hours at the ER with my autistic son.

And, to add what someone said,, words, Tommie just needs to learn to find shorter yardage, instead of being so greedy in OT, with no worry about the clock.

My concern is we are starting to see Tommy slip back into his bad habits again. Ever since his injury. He is throwing off his back foot much more now than earlier in the season. His interception totals are starting to creep up again. But Tommy's biggest flaw is he is always looking for touchdowns at times when he should be looking for first downs. When he does look for first downs, he can be pretty clutch--the throw to Westerkamp on fourth down against Oregon for example. When he threw into double coverage in the end zone in OT, I had deja vu from multiple memories of such throws in the past. Don't know if anything else was there or not, but that was a very tight, low percentage window he was throwing into. Only a perfect pass was going to be successful. The pass was underthrown but more importantly, it may have been thrown late. It was going to be very difficult for Morgan to make the catch and stay inbounds unless that ball is thrown sooner.

My concern is we are starting to see Tommy slip back into his bad habits again. Ever since his injury. He is throwing off his back foot much more now than earlier in the season. His interception totals are starting to creep up again. But Tommy's biggest flaw is he is always looking for touchdowns at times when he should be looking for first downs. When he does look for first downs, he can be pretty clutch--the throw to Westerkamp on fourth down against Oregon for example. When he threw into double coverage in the end zone in OT, I had deja vu from multiple memories of such throws in the past. Don't know if anything else was there or not, but that was a very tight, low percentage window he was throwing into. Only a perfect pass was going to be successful. The pass was underthrown but more importantly, it may have been thrown late. It was going to be very difficult for Morgan to make the catch and stay inbounds unless that ball is thrown sooner.

It seems when under duress Tommy reverts back to his old ways. When his mechanics are good he's as good as anyone. I agree with his always going for the big play instead of the higher percentage plays like dumping the ball off short and moving the chains. I hope his play continues to be good because we'll need him the rest of the season. GBR

It seems when under duress Tommy reverts back to his old ways. When his mechanics are good he's as good as anyone. I agree with his always going for the big play instead of the higher percentage plays like dumping the ball off short and moving the chains. I hope his play continues to be good because we'll need him the rest of the season. GBR
Agreed. The sad thing is that he has shown in flashes that he can do those things. He just has never been able to sustain it. Hopefully, he can remember the Iowa game last year and how humbling that was. But most importantly, he should remember that his interceptions were creeping up there before that game--the trend was leading him to that type of game. He's a senior now, hopefully he can use that experience and have a great finish to his career.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back