• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Tennessee in the Music City Bowl 30 December

When people are talking about spending thousands of $...for what for some may be their only vacation of the year...there's more to it than who NU will play. Location, location, location. Nashville will appeal to very few people.

Lets see we might be surprised.

Most Iowa folks wanted to go to Nashville so it would made more sense to flip it....but it is what it is.

Well, it's much better than Tampa.

Granted, I enjoy country music and you can't rate Nashville leaving that out, but I thought Tampa was a dump.
The options for where you actually stay are unlimited though. When we went to the Capital One bowl we drove from Orlando to Tampa for a day and it was a piece of cake...hour and a half maybe.

I think you will be surprised with how many Husker fans make the trip.

No doubt, NU will be well represented in the stands, but the fan base just went from anticipating a holiday Jan. 2 bowl in Florida, to a non-holiday weekday afternoon game in Tennessee. Nashville is a great city, but it's a let down.

No doubt, NU will be well represented in the stands, but the fan base just went from anticipating a holiday Jan. 2 bowl in Florida, to a non-holiday weekday afternoon game in Tennessee. Nashville is a great city, but it's a let down.
Speaking only for myself...I don't really care what day the game is on. The better the opponent the better too but it all comes down to location. When I travel in the winter there's going to be some serious SUN involved.

Last edited:

Just an opportunity for Tenn. to pay us back for the NC embarrassment we leveled on them years ago.

I think it's a good matchup and think Husker fans will show nicely.

It isn't often that Nebraska plays in a bowl game within reasonable driving distance of Lincoln.

Bring on the Vols!

I do like the match up. Definitely intriguing. Huskers are capable of winning that game. Also capable of losing.

The biggest question will be the weather, of course. Hey, that's where I come in! But there's no guarantee of nice weather in Nashville in late-December. I'll have to wave my magic wand, I suppose.

Nice matchup, bad location. Essentially a home game for the Vols. I think they'll be more disappointed than Nebraska based on their expectations going into the season. Hopefully we can use that to our advantage.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back