• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs So Dak St. - Wednesday - 4-26-23 - 6:05 pm Ctrl - Haymarket Park

Brutal.

There's just very little evidence that Nebraska is anything more than mediocre this season.

Nebraska ranks 7th in the Big Ten in RPI.

NU has 1 quad one win this season (opponent with a top 50 RPI). Eight Big Ten teams have more Q1 wins than Nebraska.

11-12-1 against RPI top 150 teams. That's not nearly good enough.

The single early season win over Vanderbilt and the 2-1 series win over Michigan are literally the only quality results all season.

Our strength-of-schedule is 166th nationally, which has inflated win totals and hope.

Sure, we "should" beat up on lowly Minnesota, who is about even with Northwestern in bottom feeder RPI. But does it matter? Better than losing, sure. But I've seen nothing to suggest the Huskers are postseason worthy. The Huskers aren't even near bubble consideration. It'd take a small miracle at this point. Probably more than small.

Last edited:
Yes….reality….

And I agree the wins have been inflated by the schedule…somewhat

And probably will be even more as the end of the season approaches.

Schedule is beyond their control.

Playing better is not.

Since Iowa…they have slumped..badly. Cold bats, zero hitting in the clutch, always the key error at a bad time, enemy 2 out runs by the bucketful, pitchers not hitting their spots at the worst times.

Some of that is just the hot/cold of baseball….but there just seems an element missing right now…spark, scrappiness…something.

Mojo….

This is when you really miss an All American Captain like Schwelly. A guy who simply could hold the team together in any circumstance and sometimes put them on their back.

Hopefully they can right the ship a bit against a hot Maryland team.

I wish I could put on a Uni and go help them…but I can’t. Up to them how they want the season to be remembered.

Last edited:

Just like the previous coaches, once the other coaches players are gone, they fall flat!
Been that way since Pellini….who in retrospect, it was ridiculous for us to fire.

but really our troubles truly started when we let some idiots fire Frankie.
flat on our face as usual.
to be fair, they had a great season in 2021….

Big 10 Champions and literally four outs from going to the super regional…. finally bowing to #1 Arkansas…at Arkansas

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back