• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northern Illinois Game Thread (9/15/17)

That's just it. There is NO FIRE from any players on this team. It even looks lackluster on the sidelines seeing the coaches. I know Osborne was the same way, but his players had fire. You would not see players like JPeter, Wistrom playing like this. I wanted Riley to be successful here, but I do think he is on thin ice now, even with an extension, especially if the Huskers only win 5-6 games. How can anyone defend this team and its horrible play so far? I still think Scott Frost is my 1st choice if a new coach is on the horizon.

Osborne had a quiet intensity about him. Confident, angry, determined, persistent, competitive. Riley has none of those. It's like he doesn't really know what the objective s, other than to be the nicest coach in college football.

Culture starts at the top. The players have the intensity of Riley. Hell, he can't even throw his headset like he is angry.

Time for a change. The experiment has failed.

husker football is always fun. not that a game like this doesnt also piss one off. hey...if being pissed off for the first two years gets your blood flowing good for you.

Huh? If getting beat by an inferior team on your home field is your idea of 'fun', I think you're delusional. Husker football is not always fun. This was pathetic. Now if we lose to an equal or better team while playing well and with some passion and heart, that is ok. But to think that every Husker game is 'fun' when they play this poorly defies logic.

That's just it. There is NO FIRE from any players on this team. It even looks lackluster on the sidelines seeing the coaches. I know Osborne was the same way, but his players had fire. You would not see players like JPeter, Wistrom playing like this. I wanted Riley to be successful here, but I do think he is on thin ice now, even with an extension, especially if the Huskers only win 5-6 games. How can anyone defend this team and its horrible play so far? I still think Scott Frost is my 1st choice if a new coach is on the horizon.

Hey, no relief in sight! If need be, do "we" pay him off? Some would say, not until the season is over! Really! From what I see, this season is "over"!

Does anyone here think, Scott would let them play like this? He would kick each and every one of those underachieving in the butt!!

Last edited:

I was tied up, as some of you know, so I have not "seen" the game, yet. I don't know if I want to waste my time!!!! All it will do is make me................:Puke:

Last edited:
I've been a supporter of this staff since day one, when there is a change, I will be supportive of that staff on day one as well. I will always support a new staff until they prove me otherwise. Last week had me looking over the ledge, today I jumped. I'll continue to support the kids, but this staff has lost my support.
The real question is, can we grab the Duke coach before someone else does?

Really, it shouldn't be that surprising. We hired Oregon State's head coach and now our team is playing like Oregon State. We all hoped for better. It didn't happen. Riley is what his record says he is. Time to move on. Les Miles may be available, among others.

Huh? If getting beat by an inferior team on your home field is your idea of 'fun', I think you're delusional. Husker football is not always fun. This was pathetic. Now if we lose to an equal or better team while playing well and with some passion and heart, that is ok. But to think that every Husker game is 'fun' when they play this poorly defies logic.
Right now there are no equals ..... they're all betters.

Nebraska football has been in disarray for years now and sadly this could have been the nail in the coffin! Recruits will be leaving and one, if not both quarterbacks, will be leaving. This is what you get when you have any awful AD and a list of lousy coaches! It amazes me how other first year coaches can turn a team around so much faster. This garbage isn't new to this year's team and won't be going away anytime soon. I had this team at 7-5 but now I'm not seeing anything better than 6-6 and no bowl game. It's another sad day in Lincoln.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back