• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota Gameday Weather Forecast -- Friday Update, Page #2, Post #16 (first post on page 2)

We'll call this the Friday Update:

As expected, only minor tweaks to the forecast.

Pregame (Saturday morning): Around 39 degrees at daybreak. 40s through mid-morning. Plenty of sunshine.

Kickoff (11AM): 52 degrees. Sunny skies. West wind 10-12 MPH.

Halftime: 56 degrees. Sunny skies. West wind 12-16 MPH.

4th Quarter: 59 degrees. Sunny skies. West wind 12-16 MPH.

Postgame: 59-60 degrees mid-afternoon. Mid-50s as the sun gets low in the sky.

Pretty nice day in the Twin Cities. How October football should be. Haven't really had a bad weather game yet this year.

We'll call this the Friday Update:

As expected, only minor tweaks to the forecast.

Pregame (Saturday morning): Around 39 degrees at daybreak. 40s through mid-morning. Plenty of sunshine.

Kickoff (11AM): 52 degrees. Sunny skies. West wind 10-12 MPH.

Halftime: 56 degrees. Sunny skies. West wind 12-16 MPH.

4th Quarter: 59 degrees. Sunny skies. West wind 12-16 MPH.

Postgame: 59-60 degrees mid-afternoon. Mid-50s as the sun gets low in the sky.

Pretty nice day in the Twin Cities. How October football should be. Haven't really had a bad weather game yet this year.
Law of averages is usually about 2-3 bad weather games a year, home or away. I have always thought people have made a bigger deal out of Nebraska’s weather, than it should be, at least during the season.

Law of averages is usually about 2-3 bad weather games a year, home or away. I have always thought people have made a bigger deal out of Nebraska’s weather, than it should be, at least during the season.

I agree with you. The majority of FBS games are completed by Thanksgiving weekend. It's uncommon there's truly cold weather (with or without snow or other precipitation type) prior to November. And even some Novembers are still pleasant.

You're much more likely to see a frigid, wintry scene in the NFL, which plays regular season games in December and early-January.

I agree with you. The majority of FBS games are completed by Thanksgiving weekend. It's uncommon there's truly cold weather (with or without snow or other precipitation type) prior to November. And even some Novembers are still pleasant.

You're much more likely to see a frigid, wintry scene in the NFL, which plays regular season games in December and early-January.
Indeed so. If it were me, I’d use the hell out of what you said for recruiting. If you want to be ready for the NFL, you’re going to have to play in the cold. Many of those guys raised in the south, absolutely crap the bed when they visit a cold weather city in December. Some have never seen snow. It’s easy to see things as 70° or above all the time. Maybe that’s how it is in Florida or California, but it’s not reality. Most of the greatest of players in the NFL, have had some balance, versatility, towards playing in the heat, the rain, the cold, and the snow. Wonder how USC would do playing in a snowstorm in Boulder in November? I bet pretty awful, as is usually the case with southern teams playing in the cold.

And to add, who doesn’t like a good snow game to watch every so often? Pretty cool, especially if you have no dog in the fight. The coldest I’ve ever been is 1990 Colorado, 1991 OU, and 2011 OU/OSU bedlam. I think it was 7° at kick off, in Stillwater.

Last edited:

nearly froze to death multiple times growing up & attending DONU games in the wind chill tunnel known as Jack Trice Frost Stadium in Ames - attendance seemed to be a ritual every other year as we had family in the area.

'91 tie in Boulder was chilly... but wind/moisture makes everything so much worse.

nearly froze to death multiple times growing up & attending DONU games in the wind chill tunnel known as Jack Trice Frost Stadium in Ames - attendance seemed to be a ritual every other year as we had family in the area.

'91 tie in Boulder was chilly... but wind/moisture makes everything so much worse.

Yeah, some day I'd like to create a database of weather conditions for all historical Nebraska games.

It does seem Ames had more brutally cold games than any other venue Nebraska has played in.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back