• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs. Michigan

Just not really a whole lot you can say. 15 points at half, ugh. Repeatedly see scoring droughts in the range of 5-6-7-8 minutes. Honestly, Michigan looked like they just came in thinking this was a scrimmage the way they were throwing up 3's. Then they got serious in the second half and then it's over.

He did but he was very specific he was talking about D.

Someone posted on another board that Doc stated on his post game show that "I'm so proud of how my guys competed tonight."

Pfffft....Doc you should be ashamed of how you coach them. I actually feel bad for the players. Particularly the freshmen whose season you have completely pissed down the drain. You got a guy who has managed about 10 points in about 100 minutes this season and about 8 rebounds....and your RECRUITED freshmen sit on the bench?

The Huskers never cleared the bench but Mich did. That is how we went on a 10 pt run to end the gamer and break 40. Also made it seem closer than it was. Before they brought their bench in we had more turnovers than made shots.

Both teams clearing the benches

Tom needs to finish this now!
But he will wait until the end of the season. at least I hope he does!

They had 11 against Creighton a few years ago. Not sure if they've had another clunker like this since.

Anyone have a link to a box score? ESPN's is on the blink.

Pretty sure we laid a 14pt half against Wisky earlier this year, just to make this game feel better.

Tom left his seats with about 15 min left in the second half ( may have been sooner but that is when I noticed) and he never returned.

He probably went to get the paper work ready to extend Doc's contract.

The Huskers never cleared the bench but Mich did. That is how we went on a 10 pt run to end the gamer and break 40. Also made it seem closer than it was. Before they brought their bench in we had more turnovers than made shots.

The last 3 or so minutes we had Hilliard, Moore, Rivers(or Fox?), Talley and McCray on the floor(if I remember correctly).

Last night was another rough one to watch.

The Freshman should get in a lot earlier. I recognized that after a few of our shooters missed badly that nobody wanted to shoot, but if that's the case, put in the Freshman. Let them cut their teeth. We're not going anywhere as is.

Moore looks like he has nice game and could potentially be a natural scorer, but looks like he could get in better shape for the future. In my opinion, although only a Freshman, Hilliard looks more like a true PG than we've had in many a year.

They need the chance to work through being Freshman and see what they can contribute. At least they're aggressive going to the basket as well as having a willingness to try to shoot.

Last edited:

At least they're aggressive going to the basket as well as having a willingness to try to shoot.

Maybe that's why they don't play? Doc apparently wants 4 guys standing 25' from the hoop passing the ball around for no reason. I'm only being a little sarcastic.

Doc has completely mismanaged his freshmen this year. They have hardly played yet Fox does? I think I heard that he's afraid of "ruining them" by running them out there against Big 10 competition? Why? How? He recruited them so they MUST be Big 10 caliber players (at least in his mind). Are they so mentally soft that they can't overcome failure? Might as well find out now!

You'll just get defensive because it's me saying it but even die hards like you see the end is near for Doc and there's not much credible argument to be made at this point. You think I'm not a husker fan...that I, like many other CU fans, hate NU bball. I'm not being sarcastic when I say that if that were the case I'd be hoping like hell that Doc never got the boot...because it's practically fact that NU will suck as long as he's there. I DON'T want that.

Watched about 5 minutes of the game in the 2nd half. Seemed like the crowd wasn't interested, players on the bench had a glazed look in their eyes, and those on the court couldn't do squat. I pegged this game as the annual home upset. Guess Doc got all he could out of this team a couple of weeks ago.

Watched about 5 minutes of the game in the 2nd half. Seemed like the crowd wasn't interested, players on the bench had a glazed look in their eyes, and those on the court couldn't do squat. I pegged this game as the annual home upset. Guess Doc got all he could out of this team a couple of weeks ago.

Already had that. IT was Ind.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back