• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Maryland Game Thread (11/11/23)

But Satterfeld's still a pass-first WCO offense guy.
I remember I said that same thing months ago and someone started posting how at South Carolina they run more than they passed and how wrong I was. I need to go back and find that thread and see who it was. Wondering what he's saying now :Lol:

Again, in your opinion. you are not stating facts. I may not even disagree, but the constant ripping no matter what wears every thread every day.
What is not factual? This is the best rushing offense he has ever put on the field and it isn't that good.

Is there a less experienced coach in P5 than McQuire?

Who else was going to pay Riola P5 money?

Do other programs hire high school coaches as coaches to break into recruiting or do they hire them as analysts?

None of these guys were immediately hired as coaches. They are or were only given coaching jobs because Satterfield couldn't get someone better to take the job.

It's not getting a lot better because nobody is going to risk their career coming to work in such a stale offense with no history of success. And then you aren't going to recruit well to it either.

I'm not ripping as I have been saying this since before the season. I want better, and and Rhule has put us in a position to take a risk on these guys when we shouldn't have to be taking risks. It's a complete roll of the dice.

So you are saying that there are no bad play calls - because it "might have worked"? So, if you are playing blackjack and you hit on 18 because it "might have worked" that's a good decision? It's the exact same scenario here. Play the odds, kick the field goal and move on. BTW - I am not saying that anyone should listen to me on a worthless football forum. I am saying that based on the entire season of horrendous offensive football (we might be as bad as Iowa's offense), that coach Rhule should consider letting him go. Our QB development has been non-existent.
We have sacrificed a lot of field goal attempts this season. Always seemed to backfire.

there are plenty of young enthusiastic OCs out there who would happily take a giant pay raise
And you're assuming every last one of them would be better. You need athletes too. NU doesn't have them. This program is dead. Sorry but it's a fact. I believe the ONLY possible way to revive it would be to go back to God ole fashion option football. Get receivers that block and might catch 15 balls a season and 10 running backs and pound the ball. You can't be flashy in Lincoln when the wind is blowing 30 mph.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back