• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I haven't been this spent since the Orange Bowl of 1995!! :wow:

I guess, you could add the other 4 wins that we had to work for, lately!! :whiteflag:

Don't you dare tell me this game was anything compared to anything in 95...especially the OB. That's crazy talk right there.

Don't you dare tell me this game was anything compared to anything in 95...especially the OB. That's crazy talk right there.

Apparently, you didn't read what I said!! Where does it say this game compares? I said, I haven't been that spent, etc! Me!!!!!!! Pay attention! :stirthepot:

btw, I was talking about 1 game. Do you know how to read and define? :stickouttongue:

Last edited:

Good stuff as always....good teams find ways to win ugly games....

Final Game thoughts.</SPAN>

Ten and two.</SPAN>

Has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?</SPAN>

Nebraska with their fifth Big Ten second half come from behind victory to earn a shot at Indianapolis.</SPAN>

This was an ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly win.</SPAN>

Ain’t it so beautiful!</SPAN>

First of all, I think the wind kept Iowa in this game. We were the better team. The wind shut down many of our weapons, Iowa had few weapons to begin with.</SPAN>

Sometimes you have to gut out these kinds of victories. Remember, Iowa’s one shinning moment came against Michigan State earlier in the year again helped out by the weather. In racing terms, they are a mud-horse. They like sloppy conditions.</SPAN>

Nebraska also had to overcme the shaky play of their QB who played his worst game as a junior. I am not going to bag on Martinez too much, the wind was obviously in his head all day long. Can anyone really blame him?</SPAN>

I will bag on our punt return unit. Yikes.</SPAN>

No more needs to be said.</SPAN>

Just when you forgot just how special Superman, er, Rex Burkhead is, he showed us today. His pile moving run to the 11 followed by his pile driving run to the 19 may have been two of the most impressive runs all year. We were on the ropes, no doubt about it, but those two runs seemed to right the ship. We really were never in trouble after that.</SPAN>

Iowa’s play calling on the third and four play was odd, to say the least. Then they followed by kicking the punt into the endzone. From there, we just hung on trusting our defense to lock it down. But the offense did just enough to flip the field position and run some clock. Very odd Iowa’s clock management on their last drive.</SPAN>

How great was it to see Alonzo Whaley step in front of that pass. Outstanding job by the senior who made many outstanding plays all day.</SPAN>

Eric Martin was a beast today. Tremendous job.</SPAN>

After dropping so many INTs throughout his career, how did Stafford hang on to that interception early in the second half? Stafford had a great day as well.</SPAN>

So did Ben Cotton. He had three catches for the bulk of our passing yards including the big catch to start the winning TD drive.</SPAN>

But it was Rex Burkhead who dotted the “I” with the game winning touchdown.</SPAN>

Enjoy it, Husker friends.</SPAN>

In the words of Monty Python, “This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who.”</SPAN>

Enjoy it. 10 and 2. Don’t worry about the ugly. Just enjoy the trip to Indianapolis.</SPAN>

Appreciate how hard this team fought to often times overcome themselves. Pelini challenged them, and they answered the challenge with 6 straight victories coming down the stretch.</SPAN>

What a year! And there is still more drama ahead.</SPAN>

On to Indianapolis.</SPAN>

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and enjoy your turkey and all of the rest that comes with it.</SPAN>

Take care all.</SPAN>

This has been one of the "least pretty" teams to watch -- but I will never knock their heart and determination. Certainly, a solid level of satisfaction.

These guys are a true team....no 'I' in this bunch at all....and that is why they are 10-2 because it could have easily gone south in some of the games...

This has been one of the "least pretty" teams to watch -- but I will never knock their heart and determination. Certainly, a solid level of satisfaction.

Yup I have had those....takes 4-5 weeks to get back....now he will have all the rehab fancy stuff to help him....

Looks like Jackson will miss the game too....Bo is not ruling them out...but highly doubtful....

Worse kind of strain! He is a big man, so it may take longer. He has to really stay off it a lot.
Get well, Baker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back