• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Indiana (10/25/19)

October 2019 has nothing to do with the previous coach. If we were winning, would you credit Riley? No, and you shouldn't. The results this season are 100% on Frost and staff.
Disagree, College or Pro teams aren't built in 1 recruiting season. Like any system there is a periodicity and it is far closer to 4 years of recruiting than 1.

Disagree, College or Pro teams aren't built in 1 recruiting season. Like any system there is a periodicity and it is far closer to 4 years of recruiting than 1.

I can give you many examples of coaches who turned around teams faster than this. I'm sorry -- but this team is definitely worse than last season's team. That's a huge issue. This was the easiest schedule since we joined the Big Ten. And we are crapping the bed with it. There's no excuse for this season. It's bad. I was NEVER one predicting 9-11 wins this season. But I did expect significant progress from last season. Everyone should expect that.

Last edited:

I can give you many examples of coaches who turned around teams faster than this. I'm sorry -- but this team is definitely worse than last season's team. That's a huge issue. This was the easiest schedule since we joined the Big Ten. And we are crapping the bed with it. There's no excuse for this season. It's bad. I was NEVER one predicting 9-11 wins this season. But I did expect significant progress from last season. Everyone should expect that.
We are 4 and 4 last year we were 4 and 8, granted tough times ahead but your assumption is we aren't winning another game this year?

At this point I'd be happy with just a little progress. :Frown:

I'll say what I (and others) have said before.

If this was any coach other than Frost with these results in 2018 and 2019, there'd be far fewer fans defending our coach. While I no longer live in Lincoln, whenever I've returned over the past couple of years, I've witnessed the fan base treating Frost as if he was the messiah. In Frost We Trust. Osborne, the sequel. Sports are rarely kind to those with such high expectations.

Again, I do not want him fired. But he should be held accountable. I'd like to believe next season will be significantly better -- but I will guarantee you the schedule will be more difficult.

I just know I trust Urban Meyers opinion on football more than most, and he has stated publicly that Nebraska is hard to prepare for on both O and D.

I do think Frost is making mistakes, and so is Chinander, but most coaches do. As I've stopped watching plays and started watching players, I have started to believe Frost isn't just blowing smoke up our asses when he says we are close. On O, we all know the problems. On D, I think it is the jimmies and joes, particularly in their ability to apply pressure. I said earlier, if we had a stud pass rusher we would have won this game easily, everything else the same, imo.

Last edited:

We are 4 and 4 last year we were 4 and 8, granted tough times ahead but your assumption is we aren't winning another game this year?

You really believe we are a better product on the field than last season? Really?

As I've said before -- and it was clear before this season -- we all knew it -- this was a far easier schedule. We could go 6-6 this season and be worse than last season.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back