• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Indiana (10/25/19)

Sadly it's just frustration, I think we all feel it, but I think a lot of people believed the hype. I've seen us be bad for so long that I'll only believe it when I see it
There’s frustration because it’s warranted. We are a materially worse team now than we were at the end of a 4-8 season last year. Very hard to see any reason why/how FS and his merry band of half-wit assistants will improve this program. They certainly aren’t improving it now.

Vedral played really well minus the one brain fart. it was a bad call, but Vedral needed to not fumble there. Robinson is more than I thought they were.

There’s frustration because it’s warranted. We are a materially worse team now than we were at the end of a 4-8 season last year. Very hard to see any reason why/how FS and his merry band of half-wit assistants will improve this program. They certainly aren’t improving it now.

I think that's a little harsh - JMO. Frost has the brains to get this eventually done (success) and he is passionate. His supporting cast is not up to the task, IMO. So his loyalties will be put to the test. The sooner the better and that comes with the territory in a $5 mil job, babe...

We are paying the price for Eichorst firing Pelini, he then went out and hired that useless Riley who shouldn't be coaching junior high school ball. We were lucky that Scott Frost was even interested in the mess Eichorst and Riley created. We will get better, but firing coaches has got us where we are, and we now have one that is a true Cornhusker and has proven himself both as a player and coach. He needs time to fix the administration's shortsightedness.

Except that there's no guarantee Frost is better than Riley. We sure hope he is, but he's got a lot of growing that needs to be done. Frost simply isn't Big Ten football ready. He'll get more time to learn, which is fine.

I hope you are right. I mean we all know Frost intelligent, competitive and loyal to this state. But overall, this team hasn't looked as well coached as the competition this year. So the head coach is ultimately responsible. I'm with you - I think he makes a change there. It's pretty obvious it's going to have to happen.
Its going to happen. The question is who will be the one making that decision. Hopefully its Frost.

Sure as heck not going to throw the baby out with the bath water, very disappointed in Chin and disappointed in the lack of discipline. There is a lot of bright spots that I can see in the future. So I am going to continue and complain and support at the same time.

I am confused about something. I only played HS FB (though I had 3 partial schollies to small schools) and for the 1st two years, I played ILB. I was to key on either of the 2 RB's and just mirror them, fill when they took the hand-off, cover when they ran a pass pattern, etc. It sure seems our LB's have zero RB responsibility because all year it seems the oppositions RB's just run out 8 yards, catch a pass, and get 4-5 yards before there is even contact. Maybe I am not seeing it correctly.

I do know I do not like the 3-4. Our LB's are not good enough to effectively run it.

I think that's a little harsh - JMO. Frost has the brains to get this eventually done (success) and he is passionate. His supporting cast is not up to the task, IMO. So his loyalties will be put to the test. The sooner the better and that comes with the territory in a $5 mil job, babe...

Going into this season I would have agreed with the bolded. After seeing the second half adjustments (or lack of them) that they have made with this season, I'm beginning to wonder if he is.

I hope you are right. I mean we all know Frost intelligent, competitive and loyal to this state. But overall, this team hasn't looked as well coached as the competition this year. So the head coach is ultimately responsible. I'm with you - I think he makes a change there. It's pretty obvious it's going to have to happen.
No question Chinander will be a lightning rod going forward. And he deserves it after today's ugliness.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back