• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs GA Southern Game Thread (9/10/22)

There's very little doubt in my mind that regardless who the new coach is, Anthony Grant is off to the NFL after this season. I think it's possible that Thompson, Palmer and Washington declare for the draft too.

Makes sense for Grant to leave he will be 24 before the draft. If he’s going to be a pro he should get busy doing it.

Can’t see Thompson as a pro. Could be a good game manager for the Huskers but nothing about him says NFL. Wonder if he wishes he had stayed at TX to backup Ewers. With CT TX might have beat Bama yesterday.

This loss falls solely on Chin. He has to be fired before Mondays presser. If not, then you know that Scott is more loyal to his buddies than to the school and team. It's truly shameful at this point.
You need to take a nap
All last yr chin held the team up while the O sucked
Now he has 2 horrible games and you cant wait a few weeks for the whole staff to get canned?
Weve sucked for 5 yrs, firing chin "right now"!! Solves nothing
Go to bed

Last edited:

The second time this season, awarded Bottom 10 (ESPN)

tenor.gif

If you know how to coach defense then there shouldn't be an issue! It's the matter of knowing what in the hell you are doing and obviously these numbnuts are not of the teaching sorts. Let's start looking at division 2 schools, or whatever they call them now, and find some real bluebloods.
Well, I hope you are right and it’s that easy going forward. We seem to have a recent history of having coaches that keep forgetting how to coach defenses.

You need to take a nap
All last yr chin held the team up while the O sucked
Now he has 2 horrible games and you cant wait a few weeks for the whole staff to get canned?
Weve sucked for 5 yrs, firing chin "right now"!! Solves nothing
Go to bed
Held the team up? His defense got gashed in 5 losses in our division. We didn't play many great offenses

The truth is, what the truth is.

Since the original inception of the game of football, the key component to the game was/is brute force. The game was designed to be played from the inside out. Until Nebraska focuses on that component, offensive and defensive line, the flash and dash guys do not matter and the result will remain the same.

Just a quick rant about the game (sorry if I missed someone else commenting on this)

Georgia Southern fans were good fans to visit with outside the stadium. Most flew from Georgia/Alabama, etc in the South, spent money on flights, hotels, meals, etc. And Nebraska fans showed great hospitality whenever I saw people talking.

So the Georgia Southern players win a big game. They don't rush to celebrate with their loyal road trip fans, instead the players immediately rush to taunt the Nebraska student section. And yes there was some minor retaliation of water bottles thrown on the field, which I don't condone, but can totally understand after being taunted in the first emotional minute after the game.

The Georgia Southern fans were great. And although Georgia Southern had more points on the score board, their players showed they are losers.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back