• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Baylor - NCAA 2nd Round, San Antonio, AT&T Center, (Friday 11:30am CDT)

I was sitting about 8 feet from the tunnel that the Huskers came in/out of. When the refs were walking out at the end, it made me feel a little better when the entire stadium just exploded in boos. Even a guy in a Creighton shirt leaned over the rail and yelled out something that made the security officer look up at him. Whatever it was, I wish I could've understood him.

I'm watching the recording now, and the camera followed him about 20 feet into the tunnel, and the interviewer asked him something and he turned around and yelled what sounded to me like "Am I seeing someone?" I don't think that's what he said, but you could tell it was something clever to tell off the interviewer because he backed off after it.

That game was rigged from the start. Should've known this might go down against a Big 12 team in Big 12 country. Less than 3 hours from Waco.

Worst officiated game I've seen since the A&M travesty in 2010.

No, the officials need to recognize the reason and situation and not overreact to an error on the scorer's table. That's the time when a good official uses the lump between his shoulders and doesn't call a technical.

I get why he called the technical. He didn't see Miles waiving about the clock...he just called a foul and then saw Miles waiving and past mid-court. That's going to get a T every time.

NOW...he should have had the balls, once he got the information, to backtrack on his T call.

Being live it was not bad refereeing our guys don't play defense n slide their feet. First thing I told my son ppl would be complaining on max. Sure enough they are. It was a terrible game players confused looking at coaches asking what. Tai wavering off miles jacks up 3never to be found again. They were poorly prepared no offense to attack zone and Petteway jacking up shots

Our poor play and not being able to execute offensively in the first half is what cost us the game. But then, when you go to Texas to play a team from the state of Texas, it is best if you bring your own jar of Vaseline.

Being live it was not bad refereeing our guys don't play defense n slide their feet. First thing I told my son ppl would be complaining on max. Sure enough they are. It was a terrible game players confused looking at coaches asking what. Tai wavering off miles jacks up 3never to be found again. They were poorly prepared no offense to attack zone and Petteway jacking up shots

Agreed. I know the future for NU basketball looks bright. However, until we figure out how to play defense, we are going to struggle against good teams. In our last two games, we could not make a stop when we needed it. The only way we kept a team from scoring a basket was to foul them and put them on the line to shoot free throws.

Agreed. I know the future for NU basketball looks bright. However, until we figure out how to play defense, we are going to struggle against good teams. In our last two games, we could not make a stop when we needed it. The only way we kept a team from scoring a basket was to foul them and put them on the line to shoot free throws.

I would say until we learn to plat offense we will struggle. Our offense is flat out bad, TP is a head case , SS if you keep him from penetrating he is nothing. TW can't shoot. Pichford dissapered yesterday. It look like a Doc coached team... So very painful to watch...

sad showing, NU came out tight & just couldn't get into their rhythm.

Officiating didn't cost NU the game, but certainly did them no favors either. 5 minutes into the second half NU had cut the lead to 9... not long after, Miles was simply trying to alert them as to THEIR error (shot clock not operating) & he gets a 2nd Technical = auto ejection -> his first in 19 years of coaching. I understand leaving the coaching box is an automatic technical, but aside from traveling, that's one of the most inconsistently enforced rules going, heck, Izzo, Calipari, Shaka, ____ spend more time on the floor (during play) than on the sideline - they're like a 6th man. :rolleyes:

not only did the operator fail to man up, Hess could have had the guts to waive off TM's infraction in light of THEIR error which precipitated the events. Two minutes after the confusion & ejection, NU found themselves down 21 & it was over.

NU had a run left in them, too bad they didn't have their HC for the final 11:17, would have been interesting IMO. :2cents:

BBall future looks bright. GBR! :N:

Last edited:
sad showing, NU came out tight & just couldn't get into their rhythm.

Officiating didn't cost NU the game, but certainly did them no favors either. 5 minutes into the second half NU had cut the lead to 9... not long after, Miles was simply trying to alert them as to THEIR error (shot clock not operating) & he gets a 2nd Technical = auto ejection -> his first in 19 years of coaching. I understand leaving the coaching box is an automatic technical, but aside from traveling, that's one of the most inconsistently enforced rules going, heck, Izzo, Calipari, Shaka, ____ spend more time on the floor (during play) than on the sideline - they're like a 6th man. :rolleyes:

not only did the operator fail to man up, Hess could have had the guts to waive off TM's infraction in light of THEIR error which precipitated the events. Two minutes after the confusion & ejection, NU found themselves down 21 & it was over.

NU had a run left in them, too bad they didn't have their HC for the final 11:17, would have been interesting IMO. :2cents:

BBall future looks bright. GBR! :N:

Agreed.. the refs did play a part in this game regardless of what some think. That said, they were ruling based on this new rule. A rule that is seriously flawed.

Last edited:
Agreed.. the refs did play a part in this game regardless of what some think. That said, they were ruling based on this new rule. A rule that is seriously flawed.

It also seems like the officiating for the tournament is a lot tighter than the season, no one able to get into a flow of the game due to calls on almost every possession. basketball is supposed to be a smooth flowing fun game to watch...this is painful at times.

With that said, man, NU played a rough game, took some bad shots, could not make wide open shots, and just played like a team who had not been there. But, they will learn from this and next year will be ready when they get to the tournament again. NU will be returning most every player, especially their 3 key players...could be pretty darn good next year

More on Miles' post ejection odyssey...

http://www.omaha.com/article/201403...#chatelain-wandering-the-halls-with-tim-miles

He walked down the same narrow hallway he'd come, past the Creighton locker room. The Bluejays were bouncing balls, getting fired up to take the court.

“Good luck, boys,” Miles said. “Give 'em hell.”

Doug McDermott patted Miles on the back. Man, Bluejays senior Grant Gibbs thought, “he's the calmest I've ever seen somebody who just got tossed.”

The Jays hadn't seen the last of him. When Nebraska cut Baylor's lead to single digits with 2:45 left, a Creighton assistant came and found him, “They got it to nine!”

“Get me a TV,” Miles said.

He watched the final disappointing minutes from Creighton's coaches office.

I'm not trying to toot CU coaches' horns...just think it's really cool that a CU assistant, right before their own big game, sought him out to let him know the skers were making a run. A good example of how tight the coaching fraternity can be.

Last edited:

Very nice of the CU staff to seek Coach Miles out and offer a room to view. In today's cutthroat world of coaching, you want to build up all the good will you can. One never knows when you will be out of a job and look to join a staff somewhere else.

Coach is getting great press from this ejection from the national guys. Heard one comment today that Coach has never been ejected in his career and it seems odd! He is getting credit for how well he handled the situation. Other refs take notice and he is gaining status on the national level.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back