• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska Ranks on ESPN's Bottom Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member

Sad when the only news we make on ESPN is when they make fun of us. For those that wanted more ESPN exposure, well here it is.

Yeah, it's more of a shout-out to pissed off fans than a real list. All the other teams are 0-win and 1-win teams.

Yeah, it's more of a shout-out to pissed off fans than a real list. All the other teams are 0-win and 1-win teams.

Indeed.

It's more of a "you mean you just lost to the Gophers?!" listing ...

That said, the national perception of Nebraska is horrible right now. And it's not just ESPN.

The icon they used...the "stick a fork in them" ear of corn is a little creative. Clearly, this a first for us. So we dropped what about 90 spots in the ratings in one week? That's gotta be a record.

ncf_e_corn_b1_50x50.jpg
However, grilled corn is fantastic!

The Bottom Ten holds the number 5 spot for teams that have epic fails that weekend. You'll notice in the "also rans" they list Mizzou's collapse, Penn State's defense, and V-Tech's offense as contenders.

(And we've been given the #5 spot before)

Last edited:
I used to enjoy reading the bottom ten. Then came the era of he who shall not be named when we began getting mentioned. And now this....such striking similarity...:puke:

The Bottom Ten holds the number 5 spot for teams that have epic fails that weekend. You'll notice in the "also rans" they list Mizzou's collapse, Penn State's defense, and V-Tech's offense as contenders.

(And we've been given the #5 spot before)

Ah, I see. I can't say we didn't deserve it this week. Maybe Penn State's biblical beatdown at the hands of OSU deserved the spot though.

YEAH !!! At least we beat out "Missouri's Collapse" ! :banana::banana::banana:

Waiting list: Memphis (1-5), Temple (1-7), Kansas (2-5), Penn State's defense, Purdue (1-6), Idaho (1-7), Northwestern's bowl hopes, Kent State (2-7), Akron (2-7), Miami's whistles, Air Force (1-7), video "games" in the SEC, California (1-7), Kentucky (1-6), Missouri's collapse, Iowa State (1-6), UAB (2-5), Virginia Tech's offense, Florida Atlantic (2-6), Tulsa (2-5), New Mexico (2-5)

If Bo is let go at the end of this season, the world will not ask why it happened.

You know, I believe this is an important point. People have been comparing Bo's run to Frankie's run. The thing is, when Frankie was canned, everyone was confused around the country and that hurt our image and our Coach Search. I'm not entirely sure if we fire HCBPfor ending up say 8-5 or 9-4, that everyone will wonder why.

That is a major distinction.

You know, I believe this is an important point. People have been comparing Bo's run to Frankie's run. The thing is, when Frankie was canned, everyone was confused around the country and that hurt our image and our Coach Search. I'm not entirely sure if we fire HCBPfor ending up say 8-5 or 9-4, that everyone will wonder why.

That is a major distinction.
Yep. I don't think anyone but the Bolievers will question why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back