• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska, Northwestern could meet at Wrigley Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

peder

Red Shirt
10 Year Member

It would be fun, but didn't the Bears play a game there not too long ago and the fit if the field was a nightmare? Like no room outside the end zones or something like that?

I would prefer Soldier Field. While I understand the history of Wrigley it is a baseball stadium and no amount of reconfiguration will change that. If playing in Chicago is a big deal just go to a football stadium and forget baseball.

It would be fun, but didn't the Bears play a game there not too long ago and the fit if the field was a nightmare? Like no room outside the end zones or something like that?

That was NW and Syracuse. Could only go one way because it was too dangerous.

A little tight to the brick wall

Wrigley-Field-was-born-for-football1.jpg

Iowa played Northern Illinois at Soldier Field this season. I know the fans on the Iowa boards that went to the game did not like the facility at all.

Soldier and Wrigley have the history and name recognition - and that's about it. They're both dated and relatively poor football facilities.

I can appreciate the nostalgia, but I'd rather play in Cowboys' Stadium like the Big XII CCGs or that "kickoff" game between Alabama and Michigan.

Northwestern played Illinois at Wrigley not Syracuse ....It doesnt make sense from a seating capacity ...NW homefield seats more as does Soldier Field

Northwestern played Illinois at Wrigley not Syracuse ....It doesnt make sense from a seating capacity ...NW homefield seats more as does Soldier Field

Sorry you are correct it was a team that had orange:eek:, but in that same article talking about moving the husker game it was mentioned the ticket price could go up to make up for the lower seating capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back