• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska makes top 6 for Texas cornerback Isaiah Essissima

I can't believe how many kids we are in the final list of schools for that aren't rated. This is at least the fifth guy I can think of. Coaches looking everywhere for kids.

I'm beginning to think they are telling the truth when they say they want speed and looking for "fit" rather than stars. Hard to imagine!! :Sarcasm:

Looks like he has great eye discipline. I love that he turns and tries to find the ball after tracking the receivers eyes

I can't believe how many kids we are in the final list of schools for that aren't rated. This is at least the fifth guy I can think of. Coaches looking everywhere for kids.
It encourages me that they are looking for what they need to fit their system not just star gazing then scrambling.

What's your opinion of this kid, if you don't mind sharing?
There's 5 things I see that make me think this staff pulled the trigger (beyond thinking he's got the ability obviously):

1) He fits what we are trying to get to on defense. In his hudl film, he plays up in the WRs face with a lot of man to man and Cover 3. He's already doing what we want.
2) He gets up at 530AM to workout, sound familiar?
3) Faith is important to him.
4) He went out for track to work on his speed, so he's not settling.
5) Plays 6A football in Texas, any team at that level is destroying a Nebraska high school team

In regard to track, I do think he needs to get faster. But then I see videos like this and think to myself he may just be plenty fast enough to close:

There's 5 things I see that make me think this staff pulled the trigger (beyond thinking he's got the ability obviously):

1) He fits what we are trying to get to on defense. In his hudl film, he plays up in the WRs face with a lot of man to man and Cover 3. He's already doing what we want.
2) He gets up at 530AM to workout, sound familiar?
3) Faith is important to him.
4) He went out for track to work on his speed, so he's not settling.
5) Plays 6A football in Texas, any team at that level is destroying a Nebraska high school team

In regard to track, I do think he needs to get faster. But then I see videos like this and think to myself he may just be plenty fast enough to close:

Thanks

Looks to me that they are recruiting the type of players they want regardless of stars and they will develop them into 5 stars!

He says he will be committing on September 7th. The key could be if/where he visits before that date.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back