• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska @ Illinois Game Thread (9/6/23)

He is a scumbag. I remember some Husker fans wanted that guy in Lincoln. Thank god that didn’t happen.
Yeah, I saw him having to barely try to handshake someone and he was looking like a bad sport doing it! Wanted no part in congratulating the less terrible team!

It’s like a long, long 3 games to get to a bowl. But possible. Hopefully, a miracle occurs over the next two weeks and our offense begins to figure things out.
Next 3 games are very winnable. We have a good chance of taking Iowa too.Bowl bound.Going to confession again tomorrow.Said some unflattering things about the officials tonight. I seem to go to confession more often during a HUSKER FB season than the rest of the year.Lol.Keep the faith.GBR.

3rd qtr ilinois' been playing respectable ball. We shut them down and cranked it up.
Too bad Emmitt fumbled, I liked what I saw. He slithers through

Apparently you didn't check the season prediction contest thread. I'm currently 6-0. :Stickouttongue:
Not on the score prediction thread.

1696651290885.png

Next 3 games are very winnable. We have a good chance of taking Iowa too.Bowl bound.Going to confession again tomorrow.Said some unflattering things about the officials tonight. I seem to go to confession more often during a HUSKER FB season than the rest of the year.Lol.Keep the faith.GBR.
I think we should be thanking the officials. They certainly could have called more holding calls against Illinois. But on the average, I think we made out pretty well. Key no calls went our way. Ex: 4th down early contact on the receiver not called, thus ending the game for all practical purposes.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Rhule shops the portal a little more for the offense next year.

He absolutely has to, in my opinion. The portal has changed the calculus for most coaches. If he rolls into Year 3 with this inept of an offense, he's not getting Year 4.

But, even if Nebraska gets more significant players from the portal, do Rhule/Satterfeld get the right players? That's debtable. Getting Sims was a mistake. Not only because he didn't play well, but because Nebraska's now got a roster construction/offensive philosophy problem at QB in 2024-2025. The QB Rhule got for 2024 isn't going to run this offense. Daniel Kaelin would not only be ineffective, he'd hate running it. Kaelin's a pro-style pocket passer. So is Nebraska's #1 QB target for 2025.

Satterfeld isn't going anywhere. Not now, not at the end of the season, not even in 2024. Satterfeld will be OC as long as Rhule's HC.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back