• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NEBRASKA hosts NORTHWESTERN - 7:00 pm Ctrl - Wednesday - 11-8-23 - Devaney Center

Illinois:

tomorrow recovery/fix it day
Fri/. prepare
Sat/ tune it up
Sun/ go for the gusto

Illinois will play us hard. It is their playoffs.

Last edited:
Even Lauren thought they were out of sync, period. Surprised it took so long to turn it up.

Good win against a fired up Northwestern team. This is a good teaching moment for the coaches to teach their young players that you can't take a night off in the Big Ten. Illinois is going to come in here and give us their best shot, and we need to be ready for it. Illinois is a decent team.

Disappointing and unfocused. A few nice short runs but balls dropping from everywhere with no response. Play like we saw last night will lead to an early exit in the tournament.

Harper is just not playing that well at the moment, actually been this way for a few matches. She had 6 hitting errors and 2 service errors, last night. That is giving the other team 8 points just from one player

Harper is just not playing that well at the moment, actually been this way for a few matches. She had 6 hitting errors and 2 service errors, last night. That is giving the other team 8 points just from one player
Beason also had 6 attack errors. It is largely because our opponents know that Murray and Beason are the two best hitters, so opposing teams try to limit them by putting more blockers up on them. That will result in more errors for Murray and Beason, but it will also result in more kills for others. For example, our middles were open all game long, and Allick and Jackson had a lot of easy kills as a result.

We are going to see a lot of this going forward, and especially against Wisconsin. I think to win the next Wisconsin match Reilly is going to have to set the middles early and often, and when she does, the middles will need to terminate with high efficiency.

Beason also had 6 attack errors. It is largely because our opponents know that Murray and Beason are the two best hitters, so opposing teams try to limit them by putting more blockers up on them. That will result in more errors for Murray and Beason, but it will also result in more kills for others. For example, our middles were open all game long, and Allick and Jackson had a lot of easy kills as a result.

We are going to see a lot of this going forward, and especially against Wisconsin. I think to win the next Wisconsin match Reilly is going to have to set the middles early and often, and when she does, the middles will need to terminate with high efficiency.
Couldn't say it in a better
I want to see more passing also
Cook said he wanted the adjustments to come sooner than it did last night. Cook was disappointed

Last edited:

Oh! Gotcha
Sometimes, easy ain't easy.
Like coach Cook says, everybody wants your butt when you're number one.
That’s what I’m telling all my family that thinks we’re struggling. Everyone is going to give you 100% of what they have because we’re #1

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back