• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska 'close to signing Frost to 7 year contract

well here is where we're at. a Bleacher report guy in Alabama named Lars Anderson (solid journalism resume) says "Not a breaking-news guy, but hearing a lot of heavy breathing on Nebraska coaching front: Scott Frost to NU for 7 years, $35 mil is "close." which is a weird thing to hear because of what we think we know.
1) SF will want to coach his team through the conference championship game atleaset and
2) ADBM would not want this info to leak right now - especially since MR still has a job at DONU

so there are good reasons to doubt this report. If i had to take a stab at what is true/false here, I would geuss that this guy has good info on the offer that is on the table and the fact that an offer is on the table. (this is basically what Ralph Russo of the AP said yesterday - except with years and numbers)

the other part that Lars Anderson adds is the "close" part. I don't know what he means by that - it almost certainly can not mean close in the chronological sense right? maybee he has heard that Scott Frost wants to go to NU - its just hard to know what "close" means here

there is alot of celebration / misery on twitter - it is probably too early for all of that.

Last edited:
Oh, you actually follow people? I tried that for a few days. I don't even know my password.
It's not that I follow them exactly, but I get notices from Carriker's twitter, on my phone. As far as my password, I'd have to hunt it down myself.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back