• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska @Charleston -Sunday@12 pm - 3-3-24

Pendergrass is batting

called strike, 0-1

inside, 1-1

called strike, 1-2

one more strike to go

low, 2-2

not bad so far.. regardless, early losses in baseball is not as big of a deal as with other sports. of course you really want to win, but not as big of a deal. Get things cranked up for Mid March into April and May..

Last edited:
not bad so far.. regardless, early losses in baseball is not as big of a deal as with other sports. of course you really want to win, but not as big of a deal. Get things cranked up for Mid March into April and May..
True…. and you always have the “warm-up time” with the northern schools who haven’t been outside as much to practice….. then have to play their opening 10 or 12 games on the road.

And it’s way too early to tell but it’s nice to be seven and three with this level of competition at this point in the year.

I think our RPI is the best I’ve seen it in a long, long time..

But once again, RPI, this time of year is almost meaningless…..

Still….better than a bad RPI

Last edited:

South Alabama is 10-2

but have played every game at home….13 straight home games by the time they play us……and it’s hard to tell if their competition was decent.

Home opener for us.

I like our chances.

The challenge for this team I think is to avoid the absolute bugaboo of last years squad.

They always pretty much played up to good competition……but then always seemed to play down really badly to teams they should beat.

baseball is a long season….you are GOING to loses some games….it's Baseball….and success always depends on two things:

Win a series….move on.
Beat the teams you should beat.

Well, it depends on a ton of other things as well….but do those two things consistently….

And good things happen.

Really like that this team seems to never hang their heads when they are behind... Came from behind in all three games of this series!
My thoughts exactly. A good trait to take into the season. So many times in the past we came up just short of winning these games and it seemed to carry over into the season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back