• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska athletic department denies report that it contacted Mack Brown..

Status
Not open for further replies.

why would we even be interested in Mack Brown, since bo has been here, I think he has had a better record than mack, with lesser talent. so bringing mack here would be counter-productive.

I guess you could turn that around and also ask why would Mack be interested in Nebraska.

I guess you could turn that around and also ask why would Mack be interested in Nebraska.

I think that is fair enough. I don't have any idea why either side would have any interest in the other. Someone is sitting back in their lounge chair having a laugh over the 7 minutes of "fame" for having started the most absurd of rumors.

There are a lot of bored people out there.

I would guess a Husker fan, with a modicum of legwork, could find out who Mack's agent is, and place a phone call claiming to be represent the University. UNL had every pretext needed to dismiss BP after the Iowa game, and didn't. We are not in the market for a coach.

Only a couple reporters dumb enough to fall for that one. We found one. Way to go Kirk!

When you have a source close to the subject willing to be named...I don't see the reporter being dumb in reporting what the lawyer said.

Other than being a big name and maybe a so called "splash hire" I really don't consider Mack all that much of an upgrade from Bo. The guy has pretty much had his pick of Texas players and if it wasn't for Vince Young he wouldn't have much to show for it. He has consistently done less with more than just about any coach in the business.

Maybe we can get Little Mac instead.

1028515-little_mac.png

Other than being a big name and maybe a so called "splash hire" I really don't consider Mack all that much of an upgrade from Bo. The guy has pretty much had his pick of Texas players and if it wasn't for Vince Young he wouldn't have much to show for it. He has consistently done less with more than just about any coach in the business.

Stoops too...good coach but one title?

Stoops too...good coach but one title?
Its not just the one title with stoops, his defense which was the strength of his teams the first 5 years have been on the slide for a while now. He has also had beat downs piling up over the past 4 or 5 years as well. He wins 9 games and plays in BCS bowl games more than not but he hasnt had a really good team of late.

I would guess a Husker fan, with a modicum of legwork, could find out who Mack's agent is, and place a phone call claiming to be represent the University. UNL had every pretext needed to dismiss BP after the Iowa game, and didn't. We are not in the market for a coach.

I don't Think Mac has an agent it is just that old lawyer friend of his.

Mack is a good CEO Bo is a good coach. Mack would bring in coordinators but as far as coaching ability is concerned Bo is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back