• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska at Stanford - 9/12/23

I agree with this too. People are focusing on the spectacular kills by Murray and Jackson, but it is Reilly's setting that is transforming the offense.
I can't agree more. She is not getting a lot of recognition. Reilly was sensational setting up the offense. She put the hitters in a lot of one on one situations. The girls played up to the competition which was nice to see, by far there best performance. Reilly and Murray should share freshman of the week. Can't wait to watch the development over the course of the season. GBR!!

That was a fun match! To be honest, I was expecting a struggle and a loss given our youth and Stanford's experience.

I agree with this too. People are focusing on the spectacular kills by Murray and Jackson, but it is Reilly's setting that is transforming the offense.
Reilly's setting has been very good especially for a freshman. I think something that may help, something that seems much better than last year, is the passing. I think what we're seeing is much improved passing which leads to much improved setting.

I think Hames game was slower in her last 2 years of competition. It's evident to me Reilly is (1) moving faster physically, (2) her sets are quicker. (3) her sets are more deceptive and (4) certainly more unpredictable as to location. Again and again she was able to read the blockers, enabling her to "find" and set to hitters in a one-on-one matchup.

I can't agree more. She is not getting a lot of recognition. Reilly was sensational setting up the offense. She put the hitters in a lot of one on one situations. The girls played up to the competition which was nice to see, by far there best performance. Reilly and Murray should share freshman of the week. Can't wait to watch the development over the course of the season. GBR!!

So, so true. I listened to the John Baylor call last night and there were a couple times after a kill when he just chuckled and basically said that the pass wasn't there, but Bergan made the set anyway. Where she's at already as a freshman is incredible. Stay healthy, please!!! :)

Reilly's setting has been very good especially for a freshman. I think something that may help, something that seems much better than last year, is the passing. I think what we're seeing is much improved passing which leads to much improved setting.

Having Choboy back there really makes a difference in the passing. You can't reasonably hit it to Lexi and now not Laney, either. Beason is no slouch. Murray is hot and cold, but overall, it's much tighter than last year.

I have been complaining a lot
in the past, about failure to set up properly.
Reilly is a gem!

Last edited:
Having Choboy back there really makes a difference in the passing. You can't reasonably hit it to Lexi and now not Laney, either. Beason is no slouch. Murray is hot and cold, but overall, it's much tighter than last year.
Murray, a freshman, is awesome!
Already a freshman of the week.

I was talking only about her passing in my post. Probably should have made that more clear. Cook has mentioned it a couple times in his post game. Everything else, she has been dynamite.
OK, that makes sense
thank you for the clarification
She is a gem
Our future is so bright

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back