• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska’s Adjusted Recruiting Class Rankings

Even without adjusting for every other team's roster losses, it still goes without saying that if you lose 6-10 of your coveted recruits out of a class, you're original ranking is not going to be accurate. Unless, of course, the other top 75 schools also suffer the same type of attrition.

Last edited:

Image result for jump out window gif

Even without adjusting for every other team's roster losses, it still goes without saying that if you lose 6-10 of your coveted recruits out of a class, you're original ranking is not going to be accurate. Unless, of course, the other top 75 schools also suffer the same type of attrition.
No one's ranking is accurate when you do that. Oklahoma just lost Michael Thompson in the transfer portal who was a Rivals Top100 guy... time to get adjusting their 2018 ranking!

From the other thread where I debunked this horrendous exercise:

Just did the same exercise with 2015 Ohio State and they had twice as many guys transfer out or quit as 2015 Nebraska.
Fine... i'll do it with Frost's first class.

The 2018 recruiting class for Nebraska performing this exact same exercise only 18 months after their signing day would be 10th in the B1G and 51st nationally. Can you believe how bad Scott Frost is making us?

It's just a ridiculous way to try and validate how bad Nebraska is doing IMO. Whoever came up with this metric really wasn't thinking things thru.
Oh boy just found a doozy! Michigan 2015 class would go from 5th in the conference to dead last in the conference if you took out their transfers.

Last edited:
I don't think you can ever do this exercise correctly. Look at M Washington as an example. When do you take him out of our class? He played in almost 1/2 the season so do you only give 1/2 off his score? Injuries and time missed also play.

The closest you could come is an off season point in time. Who is on the roster, who is off the roster from the last 5 seasons in each year the transaction happened. Make an adjustment for any transfers in through the portal. Don't forget JUCO's (In and out) which also don't measure exactly to an incoming Frosh as they can't get 5 stars. Do this for every conference team.

If you look at it year to year, and in a 5 year picture, you MIGHT get close to reality. Even then recruiting rankings are somewhat arbitrary so how do you count 'busts' and 'overachievers' ?

No one's ranking is accurate when you do that. Oklahoma just lost Michael Thompson in the transfer portal who was a Rivals Top100 guy... time to get adjusting their 2018 ranking!

I think you may be so invested in debunking "this horrendous exercise" that you missed the point. I suggested that if you have a 20th ranked recruiting class, but a third to half of them leave, your class is probably no longer deserving of the ranking of 20 since the talent that "earned" the ranking left the team. I think that is self-evident. But perhaps I am missing something.

Your beef seems to be about the methodology of measuring how far the ranking would fall. For what its worth, if one was going to attempt this exercise, then yes, it would be necessary to adjust Oklahoma's 2018 ranking. In addition, you would have to do every teams "attrition ranking" with the same methodology and then see how the numbers fall. This whole thing is of course a mostly meaningless exercise/ But, it is the off season. We have time.

Last edited:
From the other thread where I debunked this horrendous exercise:
Not to go down this rabbit hole again but on your exercise, where did Michigan and Ohio State fair on all three of those years? I'm curious as to if this is normal to have this loss of talent in three consecutive recruiting classes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back