• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA: Voluntary Campus Workouts OK Starting June 1 For Football & Basketball

Being voluntary, I won't have to report, will I? Because I haven't been keeping up with my circuit...

Seriously, this is an important first step toward playing some football this fall. I'm a little concerned they didn't mention volleyball in the article but will be patient while waiting for that good news.

Yes I am sure the "Voluntary" workouts will be well attended. Side question. How do you spot while social distancing?

Iowa high school baseball and softball is a go starting June 1, with games possibly 2 weeks after. As states start to deregulate, bodes well for a football season ...

Hey...what about the return to voluntary workouts for the best athletic program on campus? :thumbsup:

eb3e010dc9a9fb6d413dcf8d1e9b383d.jpg

Last edited:

Yes, this is obviously a decision about money. The "big" sports are getting approvals and a sport that competes in the fall isn't even on the list? Not sure how they arrived at this decision, but it is curious.

Are those sports at less risk?

Being voluntary, I won't have to report, will I? Because I haven't been keeping up with my circuit...

Seriously, this is an important first step toward playing some football this fall. I'm a little concerned they didn't mention volleyball in the article but will be patient while waiting for that good news.
Volleyball is not a revenue generating sport for the NCAA.
At least they are including women's basketball.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back