• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tournament

CBS has us a # 9 seed playing New Mexico in Omaha, and then most likely Iowa st if we win
That's a horrible draw. We really shouldn't fall below an 8 seed IMO. I think we can compare resumes with anyone in the from 25th through 32 (which is the 7/8 seed range).

Who knows the seed, or the opponent? It’s sheer speculative. That said, when they can, they have had teams play, where maybe there is some sort of connection. I could see a #7 Nebraska against a #10 Oklahoma. They are going to be around this area, so it’s likely NU gets someone with some sort of connection. Whoever it is, let’s hope it’s a favorable matchup they can handle. Important to get that first NCAA win and end that miserable streak.

That's a horrible draw. We really shouldn't fall below an 8 seed IMO. I think we can compare resumes with anyone in the from 25th through 32 (which is the 7/8 seed range).
Not really. If they play in Omaha, they’ll have good fan interest, although, so will Iowa State. Playing close to home can help them, and, if you do win, you are getting a tougher team regardless, so it may as well be close to home. For this team, it’s just important to get one win, just one.

FWIW - TeamRankings has bumped the Huskers up to a #6. They do a daily simulation of rest of games on the schedule, so this would include expected Illinois/Wisconsin outcome and the other championship games.

I think a 6 or 7 is more appropriate than an 8 or 9. Getting dinged for the weak non-conference, but finishing 3rd in a major conference with wins over Purdue and a similar Wisconsin team should count for something. Seems hard to argue the Nebraska season has been less impressive than some of the 7s through 9s on this list. Florida and Wisconsin are the only 2 teams on this list playing today.

1710689753993.png

CBS has us a # 9 seed playing New Mexico in Omaha, and then most likely Iowa st if we win
Not really. If they play in Omaha, they’ll have good fan interest, although, so will Iowa State. Playing close to home can help them, and, if you do win, you are getting a tougher team regardless, so it may as well be close to home. For this team, it’s just important to get one win, just one.
If we are the 8 seed playing Iowa State in the second round, the committee moved Iowa State to a 1 seed. Not sure the committee would make that move.

If we are the 8 seed playing Iowa State in the second round, the committee moved Iowa State to a 1 seed. Not sure the committee would make that move.
Lots of disagreement on UNC vs ISU for the fourth #1 seed by the talking heads today. I agree the committee will stay with UNC. I think we needed to beat Illinois to get to a 7 seed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back