• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tournament

One and done. Wasn’t a favorable matchup. Better athletes on their part, with lights out shooting, and doing whatever they wanted, NU was doomed.

Really feeble effort by Purdue. I've never seen an airball on a free throw in an NCAA Tournament game before.

Where will Purdue be without Edey next year? He seemed to be their entire offense.

Last edited:

I think Painter was clearly out coached by Hurley. Basketball is a TEAM sport and 37 points from Edey wasn’t going to win that game by himself. Clinghan played 31 mins but UCONN did fine when he wasn’t in there. Bottom line UCONN had better talent in all the other positions while Purdue was a 1 man show for the most part. IMO UCONN was by far the most dominate team in the tournament and proved it last night. Back to back NCAA championships is a rare accomplishment and real credit to Hurley. Hurley already said he’s staying put for now. UCONN will be one of the favorites to win again next year as they have a ton of returning talent. GO UCONN......

I think Painter was clearly out coached by Hurley. Basketball is a TEAM sport and 37 points from Edey wasn’t going to win that game by himself. Clinghan played 31 mins but UCONN did fine when he wasn’t in there. Bottom line UCONN had better talent in all the other positions while Purdue was a 1 man show for the most part. IMO UCONN was by far the most dominate team in the tournament and proved it last night. Back to back NCAA championships is a rare accomplishment and real credit to Hurley. Hurley already said he’s staying put for now. UCONN will be one of the favorites to win again next year as they have a ton of returning talent. GO UCONN......
I’m not sure it was out-coached.

It became evident quite early that the game plan was … make Edey work for his points but don’t defend him such you allow others to beat you.

Shooting 1-7 on 3Ps was the game plan. Trade 2s for 3s. Purdue averaged 17.3 3PAs per game and made 7.1 per game. UConn had superior height and athleticism on the perimeter on Purdue had no counter.

This was the adage, don’t let the “others” beat you. Edey was clearly better than Clingan but the difference wasn’t enough to negate the deficiencies Purdue had at the other positions. UConn was also deeper.

Hurley seems to have a great rapport with his players and his staff. It will be interesting to se if they can go for the 3-peat. That alone is enough to keep him at UConn (in lieu of Kentucky)

Last edited:
I’m not sure it was out-coached.

It became evident quite early that the game plan was … make Edey work for his points but don’t defend him such you allow others to beat you.

Shooting 1-7 on 3Ps was the game plan. Trade 2s for 3s. Purdue averaged 17.3 3PAs per game and made 7.1 per game. UConn had superior height and athleticism on the perimeter on Purdue had no counter.

This was the adage, don’t let the “others” beat you. Edey was clearly better than Clingan but the difference wasn’t enough to negate the deficiencies Purdue had at the other positions. UConn was also deeper.

Hurley seems to have a great rapport with his players and his staff. It will be interesting to se if they can go for the 3-peat. That alone is enough to keep him at UConn (in lieu of Kentucky)
Well I agree some what with you say but I firmly believe Hurley is a superior coach to Painter. I got annoyed when Painter got the BIG co-coach which imo he didn’t deserve. UCONN did have better over all talent and never struggled the entire tournment. What lots of fans did not understand UCONN lost a lot of talent from last seasons national championship team and was picked this season to finish 6th in the Big East. I had to lol at the experts that picked them that low as there was a lot of talent on the bench last season. IMO Clingan could use another year bulking up, getting stronger based on watching him get his butt handed to him by Edey! Probably a lot of money will lure him to the NBA after only 2 years at UCONN. Can’t blame him but it’s the bane of college football and basketball coaches. Anyway it was a great season for UCONN and very enjoyable as a fan.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back