• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA to remove cannabinoid ban from post-season football

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member

Sounds like you can now smoke up in the post-season. Not sure why the regular season is off-limits still.

If we had gotten this ruling maybe a decade ago, maybe Randy Gregory would have gotten us to a National Championship just so he could smoke his own weight in reefer.

Sounds like you can now smoke up in the post-season. Not sure why the regular season is off-limits still.

If we had gotten this ruling maybe a decade ago, maybe Randy Gregory would have gotten us to a National Championship just so he could smoke his own weight in reefer.
Are those clouds or is that smoke coming in from the southwest?

I think Maurice Washington or Keyshawn Johnson, Jr. might be better examples

th-690254138.jpeg

Other than it was illegal, I'm not sure it is any way performance enhancing.

Now that it's legally recreationally in 1/3-1/2(?) of the country, you can't close Pandora's Box.
The theory was that cannabinoids were NOT used in practice or game situations. Cannabinoids allowed the athlete to relax after a practice. This allows the athlete to endure a more difficult, painful, or longer practice session.

So the after-practice smoker would have a slight advantage over the after-practice video game player, because tomorrow the smoker is ready to slam the weights again, while the Madden 2024 player is still sore.

True? False? Who knows. We could ask some people, but I'm guessing most of the smokers on this forum are not maxing their bench and squats every day.

The theory was that cannabinoids were NOT used in practice or game situations. Cannabinoids allowed the athlete to relax after a practice. This allows the athlete to endure a more difficult, painful, or longer practice session.

So the after-practice smoker would have a slight advantage over the after-practice video game player, because tomorrow the smoker is ready to slam the weights again, while the Madden 2024 player is still sore.

True? False? Who knows. We could ask some people, but I'm guessing most of the smokers on this forum are not maxing their bench and squats every day.
I think it may also be about the advantages it gives in post concussion treatment. It supposedly helps with the headaches.

Pass the Weed ;). Actually MJ is safer than beer both health and mind .... because my past experience

BTW, now 25 states are recreational usage. Mostly remaining states except Nebraska, medical.

6 blocks away from my house. Whole bunch of dispensary shops in Norman Okieland. Noticed Drive-Thru window. Customer order .... "hamburger, fries, shakes and weed" ;)

https://thehoneypotshop.wm.store/

Last edited:
CBD alone has a ton of medical benefits. A lot to unlock with cannabis, but it has been medicine for 1000s of years.

As a veteran with a beat up body and had the military/VA push opioids that led to 8 or 9 year opioid addiction, cannabis saved my life. The meds the VA used to give me were infinitely worse on my body.

Good on the NCAA for getting it right. Alcohol is so much worse than cannabis on your body.

Psilocybin is in the on deck circle. I know tons of veterans that had great results for PTSD on that front.

$0.02 from someone that has been both paths.

Last edited:

MJ is safer than beer both health and mind .... because my past experience

My two uncles died due to a stomach problems. Both non-smokers but beer habits.

I hope banned TV/magazines/billboards beer commercials .... Just like cigarettes 40 years ago. My guess sleazy lobbyist thing.

alt-59e77dc36c593-4368-e18792558d613cf1bc147a712113ad62@1x.jpg

Last edited:
CBD alone has a ton of medical benefits. A lot to unlock with cannabis, but it has been medicine for 1000s of years.

As a veteran with a beat up body and had the military/VA push opioids that led to 8 or 9 year opioid addiction, cannabis saved my life. The meds the VA used to give me were infinitely worse on my body.

Good on the NCAA for getting it right. Alcohol is so much worse than cannabis on your body.

Psilocybin is in the on deck circle. I know tons of veterans that had great results for PTSD on that front.

If people drank to recover, well thats idiotic. MJ to recover makes sense. Not all that big on using either for recreation. One drink or two, ok, weak MJ, ok, but drunk or overly stoned, not OK for recreation.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back