• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Regional Sites Announced

Jays 2 hit by UCLA's starter. Blach pitched six shut out innings after he gave up 3 runs in the first two innings.

San Diego up next in an elimination game.

But I don't what was more humililating, being 2 hit or having the webcast spell your name wrong (Crieghton)

Sam Houston just knocked Rice out of the NCAA Tournament with a 4-1 win. ORU trails Baylor 2-1 in the 7th. If Baylor hangs on, they need to beat Dallas Baptist twice to advance.

Michigan State goes 2 and the 'cue. Unless the score changes in Gary (5-2, top 7), Purdue will go 1-2 and not even reach the regional final. By the look of the crowd on the Big Ten network Purdue can't even draw a crowd to a home regional -- as a 1 seed. :banghead:

B1G baseball is in a BAD, BAD way right now. :mad: Any former Huskers that the Big Ten office can hire to right the ship?

Michigan State goes 2 and the 'cue. Unless the score changes in Gary (5-2, top 7), Purdue will go 1-2 and not even reach the regional final. By the look of the crowd on the Big Ten network Purdue can't even draw a crowd to a home regional -- as a 1 seed. :banghead:

B1G baseball is in a BAD, BAD way right now. :mad: Any former Huskers that the Big Ten office can hire to right the ship?

Yep. As expected. I knew it was a joke having MSU in the tournament. I gave them basically zero chance. They didn't disappoint.

And Purdue was no more than a coin flip -- but I had to give Kentucky the advantage because they would come into this so much better prepared -- having played an SEC schedule versus the garbage the Big Ten has to offer.

And this is why anything less than winning the Big Ten is absolutely pathetic. As I've said before, it's the equivalent of the Sun Belt in football (and I actually think Sun Belt football is better than Big Ten baseball).

Creighton leads New Mexico 3-0 in the bottom of the 1st. If they win, they will need to beat UCLA twice to advance.

Yep. As expected. I knew it was a joke having MSU in the tournament. I gave them basically zero chance. They didn't disappoint.

And Purdue was no more than a coin flip -- but I had to give Kentucky the advantage because they would come into this so much better prepared -- having played an SEC schedule versus the garbage the Big Ten has to offer.

And this is why anything less than winning the Big Ten is absolutely pathetic. As I've said before, it's the equivalent of the Sun Belt in football (and I actually think Sun Belt football is better than Big Ten baseball).

Well said...I couldnt agree more!!!!

525052_10150900306419234_694231209_n.jpg
Just got back from the creighton game.....they looked great against New Mexico ....hopefully they give UCLA a fight too

The regionals are history and only 10 of 16 hosts advanced to the Super Regionals. Only one national seed was defeated however as St. John's advanced over North Carolina.

A few surprises along the way. Miami went 0-2 as a host as Stony Brook advances. Baylor comes back to defeat Dallas Baptist twice to advance. Neither Purdue or Kentucky advanced as Kent St took the regional. Rice is eliminated by Arkansas.

In terms of conference records (conferences with at least 2 teams)

Pac12 (5 teams) 14-2
SEC (8 teams) 19-8
ACC (7 teams) 14-11
B12 (4 teams) 10-6
BEast (2 teams) 5-2
B1G (2 teams) 1-4

Mtn West (2 teams) 5-3
MVC (3 teams) 3-6
CUSA (4 teams) 4-8
Southern (3 teams) 5-6
WCC (2 teams) 2-4
Southland (2 teams) 2-4