• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Approves One Time Transfer Waiver

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
Undergrad athletes would get a one-time "freebie" of immediate eligibility without having to wait out a transfer period. It appears that any subsequent transfers might be subject to a waiting period.

Free agency?

This move would obviously benefit the already-successful programs like Alabama or Clemson, but I can see it also helping other programs by preventing a school like Alabama from stockpiling too much talent and just benching kids.

I also see a silver lining for schools who embrace the NIL / financial angle. Career-minded athletes might find financial success in playing for a high-exposure, rabid fanbase like Nebraska.

Like any other change, we just have to capitalize if/when it happens.

I don't like it, too much objectivity and responsibility given to those that have yet to prove they can handle it. I believe this will blow up like the portal situation for a few years until those unfortunate few find themselves on the outside looking in wondering how society failed them yet again.

I think this will probably hurt schools that are bursting with 4 and 5 star athletes. Players that are really good and could start on most teams (except programs full of stars) will probably take advanatge of this new rule. Might see a lot more transfers from programs like OSU, OU, Bama, Clemson... etc. Why sit if the kid pretty much knows they can start elsewhere immediately and for some good teams?

This new ruling only legitimizes what was actually happening anyway. When was the last time you saw a player denied immediate eligibility?

It’s the new normal.

We need to adjust to it and learn to take advantage of it. Pretty simple.

Same old, same old and wringing our hands wistfully about the “good old days when men were men” just isn’t going to cut it.

Last edited:

TBH with the portal and it appears most transfers getting a waiver anyway this really is not changing anything, just putting it on paper.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back