• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA 2025 College Football (EA Computer Game)

Xbox S|X and Playstation 5.

Available July 25.

Looked at all of the promo material on EA's site, apparently Nebraska isn't playing football in 2024.

Note that EA's year number is off by one, so NCAA 2025 covers the 2024 college football season.

Available July 25.

Looked at all of the promo material on EA's site, apparently Nebraska isn't playing football in 2024.

Note that EA's year number is off by one, so NCAA 2025 covers the 2024 college football season.
What? All sports video games list like this

I play console games, but I'm more of a Halo / Fortnite / Minecraft kind of old guy, I don't play sports games.

That said, my 17 year old son showed me this trailer, and then went on about an article he read about how they rebuilt the game from scratch, and the incredible lengths they went through over and above and beyond game play, to get the playing style of each team. Playbooks are notably different depending on who you are playing as, too.

With the team largely built, they needed to figure out how to make a game centered around authenticity. That meant everything: stadiums, rosters, mascots and crowds.

The team created a pageantry database, which became a rolling list of traditions and idiosyncrasies for all 134 FBS programs. They asked schools for help, added what they knew from their own college football fandoms and even scoured fan forums to find things they may have missed -- or to learn that a school no longer did tradition X or hand signal Y.

Production director Christian McLeod said every school had to have something. Not every tradition or chant or hand signal ended up in this year's game, but they wanted something for everyone.

"We want to make sure that, again, everybody's team is somebody's favorite," McLeod said. "Texas and Texas State need to feel the same when you're playing as them if you're a fan of that school."

Building this took time. In all, EA Sports received tens of thousands of assets from schools in addition to their own work. They asked for and compiled touchdown celebrations for each team and stadium, how players celebrate after turnovers, how teams run out of tunnels, crowd hand signals, chants on key downs and details for stadiums, mascots, cheerleaders and uniforms.

GIBS is a dynamic, real-time lighting system that helps create different atmospheres in the stadium for a noon game, a 3:30 game or a night game, including how light might refract off helmets.

Understanding the crowd's importance to college football, McLeod said he knew they had to "make sure that crowd looks amazing." Are the bands in the right place? The visitor sections? The patterns some schools have within their crowds -- think Tennessee's Checkerboard and Penn State's White Out games. The design team entered the empty virtual stadium and tagged where everything would be, a process taking multiple weeks.

The trailer video shows how much they poured into respecting the teams and the schools. Hopefully the gameplay matches that dedication, too. Nebraska does not appear anywhere in this video, but if we are being honest with ourselves based on the last 20 years, why should it? Becoming relevant again is our own chore, not anyone else's responsibility.

Last edited:
I really want to get the game but I do not want to buy a new system (PS5) at this time…maybe next year.

Available July 25.

Twitter sleuths determined the guy at EA who is in charge of promotional stuff (like the trailer) is a Michigan guy. Explains the absence of Nebraska and very little OSU stuff.

I play video games regularly, but stopped playing sports games six years ago. Most of the sports games out now have not been well developed and are money grabs. I would have to upgrade my system to be able to play the new college football game, so I'm likely going to hold off on playing it until I hear how well they did developing it. The old college football games were a lot of fun. I hope EA does a good job with it, but their recent track record on other games leaves me skeptical.

Pretty easy formula to improve EA Sports payouts…

better.jpeg

Last edited:

Just released clip expands on the depth of game management.

It's way too complex for me to have much hope of getting into it, but younger kids with fast brains might love it. I'm genuinely impressed with the depth of work they've apparently tried to bake into it.

It's way too complex for me to have much hope of getting into it, but younger kids with fast brains might love it. I'm genuinely impressed with the depth of work they've apparently tried to bake into it.

Almost getting a little too complicated…I wonder if I could beat the basic play the computer mode let alone a human…LOL.

FIRST NEBRASKA SIGHTING in NCAA 2025 COLLEGE FOOTBALL:

Player Special Abilities
2:19 NU at LSU for some reason. The NU player is 10 Hill, you can see the N on the helmet and the Huskers on the helmet neck pad. 3 seconds.

Home Team Benefit
2:40 NU at UTEP for some reason. You can see UTEP home field has little effect on the NU offense. 2 seconds.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back