• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NATIVE Ranks the 2024 Commits - UPDATED 2/8/24

I love your analysis here. I think you and I largely agree. But I think our biggest differences are McGahee and Kaelin. These are obviously magnified by how high you have them and how low I have them. Consensus seems to agree with you more as both are 4 stars. Kaelin could be amazing and he could be a great decision maker. But as far as measurable are concerned he seems really low (40 times, running ability, strength, agility). He seems very accurate though. With him it is going to be how well he makes decisions.

McGehee's film stood out to me because of his lack of physicality. But in his defense, his football IQ seemed to be off the charts. He broke down very well and always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. But what I cringed about was how he usually was getting carried for a few yards. This could be a lack of familiarity with the D (which would seem odd based on what seemed to be a supreme knowledge of the defense), or even a lack of trust in his supporting cast. When I compare him to our past recent 4* players he just does not seem as physical (Dillard, David, Compton, Nelson, Henrich). That said he also seemed to understand defense a lot better than the other five.
Let me break down some of what you're seeing here, but in picture form.

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 11.53.16 AM.png

I prefer a more organic collaboration. Though there are a few here I could work with.
Specifically I would team up with:

@huskernut and farm out the punting reviews. Everyone needs some in-depth info on spin rate, hang time and angle of decent.
@EastOfEden, because it is a great book (though not the namesake),
@Huskerthom would be called upon to make Polynesian sure cultural awareness is present in the rankings and of the current commits I'd like to formally invite him to write up 500+ words on that on the topic.
@BasilLongfellow would provide kool-aid and love for the current team to the point we will not even need these future huskers.

Thats my team up starter pack. Not exactly all-stars, but solid. We could do some invites or special features. Example. I'd like a WR height piece from @SoCalRed if anyone can find him....

SoCalRed...that's a blast from the past. I spent a lot of fun times arguing with that guy. Didn't dislike him though.

I prefer a more organic collaboration. Though there are a few here I could work with.
Specifically I would team up with:

@huskernut and farm out the punting reviews. Everyone needs some in-depth info on spin rate, hang time and angle of decent.
@EastOfEden, because it is a great book (though not the namesake),
@Huskerthom would be called upon to make Polynesian sure cultural awareness is present in the rankings and of the current commits I'd like to formally invite him to write up 500+ words on that on the topic.
@BasilLongfellow would provide kool-aid and love for the current team to the point we will not even need these future huskers.

Thats my team up starter pack. Not exactly all-stars, but solid. We could do some invites or special features. Example. I'd like a WR height piece from @SoCalRed if anyone can find him....
Last time I did that someone followed me around for 2 months insisting I was a racist.

(Comparison and @HMInfluencer)
  1. TE Carter Nelson, NEBRASKA
  2. QB Daniel Kaelin, NEBRASKA
  3. DL Carlon Jones, tx (N. Suh @Armchair)
  4. RB Kewan Lacy, tx (Ahman Green @Warzone)
  5. OL Landen Davidson, CO (B. Stai @OneMoreTime)
  6. LB Willis McGahee IV, FL
  7. S Roger Gradney, tx
  8. CB Mario Buford, tx
  9. At Keelan Smith, MO
  10. S REX Guthrie, CO (Still a bit uncomfortable with ranking any Rex this low)
  11. OL Gibson Pyle, tx (Army All-American, but really needed him with some Marine props, IYKYK)
  12. WR QuiNN Clark, MT
  13. WR Dae’vonn Hall, NEBRASKA
  14. WR Jacory Barney, FL
  15. WR Isaiah McMorris, NEBRASKA
  16. CB Evan Taylor, NC
  17. S Braylen Prude, tx
  18. TE Ian Flynt, tx
  19. DL Ashton Murphy, NEBRASKA
  20. OL Jake Peters, IA
  21. S Callen Barta, KS
  22. S Donovan (not peoples) Jones, NEBRASKA
  23. P Kamdyn Koch, MD (not a doctor)

Last edited:

(Comparison and @HMInfluencer)
  1. TE Carter Nelson, NEBRASKA
  2. QB Daniel Kaelin, NEBRASKA
  3. DL Carlon Jones, tx (N. Suh @Armchair)
  4. RB Kewan Lacy, tx (Ahman Green @Warzone)
  5. OL Landen Davidson, CO (B. Stai @OneMoreTime)
  6. LB Willis McGahee IV, FL
  7. S Roger Gradney, tx
  8. CB Mario Buford, tx
  9. At Keelan Smith, MO
  10. S REX Guthrie, CO (Still a bit uncomfortable with ranking any Rex this low)
  11. OL Gibson Pyle, tx (Army All-American, but really needed him with some Marine props, IYKYK)
  12. WR QuiNN Clark, MT
  13. WR Dae’vonn Hall, NEBRASKA
  14. WR Jacory Barney, FL
  15. WR Isaiah McMorris, NEBRASKA
  16. CB Evan Taylor, NC
  17. S Braylen Prude, tx
  18. TE Ian Flynt, tx
  19. DL Ashton Murphy, NEBRASKA
  20. OL Jake Peters, IA
  21. S Callen Barta, KS
  22. S Donovan (not peoples) Jones, NEBRASKA
  23. P Kamdyn Koch, MD (not a doctor)
What I love about your rankings is how wildly unqualified you are to do the rankings, yet you so confidently share your bloviations on them in the face of an expert like N2FL.

I think its cool how someone can have decades of experience and education on a topic be made to look so foolish by folks that have no such experience and education.

Kudos, to you, @Native !!!

;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back