• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nate Clouse talks recruiting on USC (9-4-12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
FYI.....

---Talked about DT Kyle Shorteidge's (from FL) visit at the USM game....6'2" and 275 lbs....very explosive.....can play anywhere on the DL....loved his visit....rated it a '10'....blown away by the atmosphere....built a really good relationship with Coach 'K'....Suh is his favorite all-time player...plans to visit Michigan State and Wake Forest....

---Spoke about Jonathen Cook's game on ESPN....pretty impressed with him.....

---Talked about JUCO DT Kyle Peko who the Huskers have offered (http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?36079-Huskers-offer-JUCO-DT-Kyle-Peko)......looking at one and maybe two JUCO DT.....

---Spoke about the other official visitor RB Corey Clement who is a Pitt commit....talked about Pitt's big loss to 1AA Youngstown State and how it might influence that commit....can be a positive sometimes if you are trying to flip a guy like him....in this case it may help....wants to play for a winner....not a team rebuliding....is not afraid of depth charts or competing....in fact loves competition....Bo told him if he came to Nebraska nothing is going to be given to you....you have to work hard and earn it....he and his dad loved that....has a relationship with Mike Rozier and that is only a + for the Huskers too...will visit Wisconsin....maybe Notre Dame and Pitt and then make a decision....

---Playing UCLA in LA is huge for recruiting....and it allows the coaches to go out early and do a little recruting and the fan base traveling helps too...also going toe to toe with UCLA over a few CA recruits who will be at the game....also to attend a high school game the night before (i.e. Johnny Stanton's game).....

---Coach Fisher has picked up the recruitng mantle in CA from Carl Pelini and done an outstanding job....

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=111&c=991&f=706091

Last edited:

A little off topic but how's that Owa kid that picked Skippy over us a few years ago? I remember taking note that he played a little bit his true freshman year, but then stopped paying attention.

Not any thing really special....with the right coaching he might have been...

A little off topic but how's that Owa kid that picked Skippy over us a few years ago? I remember taking note that he played a little bit his true freshman year, but then stopped paying attention.

Clouse must read our blog. Going for JUCO DT's tell me all I want to know about our current crop.

Actually going for a couple JUCO tackles tells me you can never have enough of them and they get beat up if you don't have depth. The kids we have are good and the ones they are going after are outstanding. With a larger recruiting class you don't pass up talent like that if you think you can get it.

Taking a JUCO helps you fill a need or the guy is a stud and you have to have him. Taking two at one position makes me think that they need help next year and/or they are expecting someone to jump ship.

Clouse must read our blog. Going for JUCO DT's tell me all I want to know about our current crop.

Taking a JUCO helps you fill a need or the guy is a stud and you have to have him. Taking two at one position makes me think that they need help next year and/or they are expecting someone to jump ship.

Agreed. Especially in the fifth year of a coach's tenure -- indicative of poor depth or poor talent evaluation. Of course it could also be that the program is gaining increased exposure and can pursue higher profile recruits. :koolaid:

Overall, love the direction of recruiting, but am concerned about this.

Looks like we are getting somewhere with DT Kyle Peko....he will be making an official visit...

Teaser on 247:

Michigan State is out front, but Nebraska is gaining ground with a big JUCO defensive tackle

Last edited:

What it indicates is that, as of now, Guy and Peat (and poss. Williams) have not panned out or progressed as expected and they aren't going to count on Rome and Randle plus Curry/Valentine to pull all the weight next year.

Yup....need some depth and immeadiate help in 2013...

Peat I am hearing is coming around from his back so there is hope there....Guy is just not panning out thus far....

What it indicates is that, as of now, Guy and Peat (and poss. Williams) have not panned out or progressed as expected and they aren't going to count on Rome and Randle plus Curry/Valentine to pull all the weight next year.

How does our defensive scheme effect DT recruiting? IMO , unless you are an exceptional talent like Suh was , you're more than likely going to be occupying blockers more than getting a lot of tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back