• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Narrative of this season

All the talk is just that, talk. What has to be judged is what happens on the field, and that has not been good. Just need to figure out a way to beat Maryland this weekend on the road. I don’t expect that to be easy. Win that and then try to figure out a way to beat Iowa. Try to get some momentum going for the off season.

All the talk is just that, talk. What has to be judged is what happens on the field, and that has not been good. Just need to figure out a way to beat Maryland this weekend on the road. I don’t expect that to be easy. Win that and then try to figure out a way to beat Iowa. Try to get some momentum going for the off season.
Very good point. While SF falsely conveyed a much improved team before the year started, he continued with a similar improvement theme in weekly pressers saying that the team has continued to improve nearly every week. While this weekend may have been the exception (they may have improved)...in general, the team has not improved, indeed, it seemed to have gotten worse week-by-week until Wisconsin.

I share your concern about Maryland, they'll give us all we want and it is likely we'll find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I do think the boys will put together a maximum effort versus Iowa and victory is a coin flip.

Last edited:
I do agree that they were overly optimistic at the beginning of the season. I would have preferred more restraint. I think they were hoping things worked out. I think they were anticipating their QB taking a big step forward, which he didn't do. Injuries hurt a lot. The offensive line took more time. etc

I truly think they thought they were going to be better. But trust me they deserve all the hate/shiet people are piling onto the staff.
They deserve the hate?? No. They don't.

Realistically, we have little to no chance of beating Iowa, and I think you know that. Maryland? We had BETTER beat those guys. Their program is in freefall.

Realistically, we have little to no chance of beating Iowa, and I think you know that. Maryland? We had BETTER beat those guys. Their program is in freefall.

Based on how they played against Wisconsin, you don't think there's a decent chance that they can beat Iowa?

Based on how they played against Wisconsin, you don't think there's a decent chance that they can beat Iowa?
No. I've seen a couple Iowa games and based on that - no. Unfortunate too as I despise that program. But we can hope and that is why they play the game. I say 10% chance of victory.

Last edited:
Based on how they played Wisconsin, they have a chance (I wouldn't say, "decent") to beat Iowa. Based on how they played South Alabama, Colorado, Ohio St., Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, and Purdue, no, they don't have a decent chance. to beat Iowa.

Moos statement about 6 wins seemed to be in stark contrast to what the coaching staff was saying at the time Moos has been around the block a few times, so he probably understood where things stood. I think the youth of our staff got caught up in the press clippings a little. Hopefully, it is a lesson learned.
I respectfully disagree about the staff being caught up in the press clippings. Why?

Because no coach is going to publicly state that winning 6 games is acceptable...regardless of what they really think. Frost HAD TO SCOFF at Moos's assertions despite the fact he was right all along. Scott has been a winner all his life. It is in his DNA to expect more regardless of the situation. I think folks are really reaching for reasons to be pissed at Scott. Much like him not shaving, this is not one of them.

Narrative of this season...

Related image

C

I respectfully disagree about the staff being caught up in the press clippings. Why?

Because no coach is going to publicly state that winning 6 games is acceptable...regardless of what they really think. Frost HAD TO SCOFF at Moos's assertions despite the fact he was right all along. Scott has been a winner all his life. It is in his DNA to expect more regardless of the situation. I think folks are really reaching for reasons to be pissed at Scott. Much like him not shaving, this is not one of them.

Today he called out a bunch of players! It's true! Who you might ask? :Biggrin:rive:

Well, he really didn't say anybody's name ….

Iowa is more beatable than is Wisconsin imo. Will they? No clue, but certainly capable. I’m worried about Maryland. Prolly be a damn dog fight I’m sure. Crap shoot. Won’t even matter if they don’t beat Maryland.

Iowa is more beatable than is Wisconsin imo. Will they? No clue, but certainly capable. I’m worried about Maryland. Prolly be a damn dog fight I’m sure. Crap shoot. Won’t even matter if they don’t beat Maryland.
Interesting take. My presumptions are based on this: we control the LOS vs Maryland but not vs Iowa. Anything is possible but winning both (and Iowa in particular) seems a stretch to me.

Interesting take. My presumptions are based on this: we control the LOS vs Maryland but not vs Iowa. Anything is possible but winning both (and Iowa in particular) seems a stretch to me.
It’s a crap shoot. The team is on a losing skid. Any win is good, but they have to see that they can. Nothing is certain. None of us have been able to say that in years as far as winning football games goes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back